Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging greyed out on the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time user of the 3, first time user of a 2017 X. I set it up on the app, everything seems ok, but for some reason the charge icon is greyed out, so I can't tap it to start/stop charge or adjust charge level. But on my 3 it's always been fine. Am I missing an obvious setting somewhere?
Screenshot_20230321_095753.jpg

so I played around it some more, here's what I found out:
1) if the charger is plugged in, it's greyed out like my picture. I cannot tap it, I cannot change charge level, I cannot start/stop. I basically can't do anything charge related.
2) if the charger is NOT plugged in, I can tap it, and it will open the charge door, and let me change the charge levels. but the moment I plug in the charger, it immediately greys out and becomes #1 again.

does this make any sense? it's totally not working like my model 3 does. and tbh totally useless too, since I can't change levels or start charge if anything is plugged in!

I would think it could mean the X doesn't recognize the charger. Did you try a full reboot of the car? A full reboot can be accomplished by going into settings, change the wheel size and apply. Then change it back to the correct wheel size.

Are you using a mobile connector or a wall connector? What generation connector are you using? There was a time in the past when older wall connectors wouldn't work with newer cars and Tesla swapped many of them out. This sounds like the opposite issue. :confused:

Are you using a mobile connector or a wall connector? What generation connector are you using? There was a time in the past when older wall connectors wouldn't work with newer cars and Tesla swapped many of them out. This sounds like the opposite issue. :confused:
It's the mobile charger that originally came with my 2018 M3. So that should work with a 2017 MX right?

BTW I also noticed that when I tap the charge port door to open it, the door opens right away, but the latch pin stays up, and I hear a couple of clicking sounds before the pin goes down and I can finally insert my charger. Not sure if it's all related.