Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging less than percent needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After arriving back home after a short 80 miles trip, I alway charge my car to 80% and after my arrival home the battery levels wA @ 40% and plugged it it for overnight charging, the Tesla app shows it inky added 31 kw to the car. Let me get this straight, the car has remiang 40% left and I plug it it and the car only took 31 kw to go to 80%? Can someone eon to me what happens to the other 9%? Seems the car is miscalculating the wattage needed or drainage is miscalculating. Has any experienced this? It just started to happed or just noticed this odd behavior. Temp is in the 40s north east temp. At 80% I’m suppose to get 220 miles but I only get about 180 at best. My car is a 22 MYP.

After arriving back home after a short 80 miles trip, I alway charge my car to 80% and after my arrival home the battery levels wA @ 40% and plugged it it for overnight charging, the Tesla app shows it inky added 31 kw to the car. Let me get this straight, the car has remiang 40% left and I plug it it and the car only took 31 kw to go to 80%? Can someone eon to me what happens to the other 9%? Seems the car is miscalculating the wattage needed or drainage is miscalculating. Has any experienced this? It just started to happed or just noticed this odd behavior. Temp is in the 40s north east temp. At 80% I’m suppose to get 220 miles but I only get about 180 at best. My car is a 22 MYP.
I think you are confusing % with kWh.

You added 40%, so 0.4 * 75 kWh battery size is about 30 kWh added.

Upvote 0