Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging limits ignored after 2021.24.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few days ago I woke to a 100% SOC when the car was set to 80% when we went to bed. I double-checked ALL the app's and the car's charge screen. It was set at 80%. My car sat at 100% for about 6 hours before I could drive it and get it under 90%. It's doing the same thing right now. I plugged in at 61% set slider to 80% and the app says it'll take 3 hrs and 50 min to complete.

So now I have to manually monitor my charging and make sure I stop it before it blows past my set limits. I'm on 2021.24.12.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

Reactions: impastu
Well, after isolating the issue to the new Gen 3 WC I just installed by successfully charging at a SuperCharger and on the UMC. I flipped the circuit breaker to OFF waited 10 minutes, and flipped it back ON. That reset the WC and it charged to the setpoint and SHUT OFF. It didn't wipe out the 40 amp setting and is still visible on my Wi-Fi network.

Well, after isolating the issue to the new Gen 3 WC I just installed by successfully charging at a SuperCharger and on the UMC. I flipped the circuit breaker to OFF waited 10 minutes, and flipped it back ON. That reset the WC and it charged to the setpoint and SHUT OFF. It didn't wipe out the 40 amp setting and is still visible on my Wi-Fi network.
Thanks for this. I have not recently installed or replaced my wall charger. Do you think flipping the circuit breaker off for 10 minutes would work for me?