Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Outside in rain/snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my case, I have an extension chord from outside my home to the Tesla charger chord. The extension chord is rated for outdoor use, but I am concerned about water leaking into the system where the Tesla charger connects to the extension chord and shoring out. Any ideas? I can tape over that interface but that's not the most elegant or efficient way of going about it.

depending where the location of the connection, maybe suspend it vertically so the water just runs off?
or put the cord on the empty cardboard box slightly before/after connection so at least it hangs down a bit...

@Darkmann You could use a waterproof (resistant) utility box to house the end of the extension cord and the Tesla mobile connector. There are several examples that can be found on Amazon using this search string: waterproof utility box for electronics

OT: The feedback that I heard coming from a guitar's F minor chord wanted me to hang myself with an extension cord.

• Funny
Reactions: one2many