Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging port indicator light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on FW 2019.20.4.2. Just returned from a 150 mile drive and when I plugged in my EVSE to the charging port the indicator light never came on. Typically it’ll flash green while it’s charging but nothing at all this time. It was definitely charging since the charging light on my EVSE was blinking and the Tesla app indicated it was receiving a charge. I also stopped the charging for a few minutes and restarted and still no indicator lights at all. I have 240V charging at home. My EVSE is a Leviton unit that I had when I used to drive a Leaf.
Anyone experience this?

74FA3066-E9A9-448F-88D8-F8AF4350F4C6.jpeg

I had this problem back when I picked up the car in March. The charge indicator light wasn't lighting up but the car was charging fine. I had some other electrical gremlins at the time that weren't obviously hardware or software. Tesla replaced the MCU and the charging light started working again.

Does the charging light work using any other chargers?

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
I had this problem back when I picked up the car in March. The charge indicator light wasn't lighting up but the car was charging fine. I had some other electrical gremlins at the time that weren't obviously hardware or software. Tesla replaced the MCU and the charging light started working again.

Does the charging light work using any other chargers?
Today is the first time it’s happened. It’s never been an issue before both at home and supercharging. Hope it’s just a one off. I have about 2500 miles on car.