Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging port light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the light around my charging port on my 2016 MX 90D. It doesn’t glow blue when it opens and it doesn’t glow green when charging. All I get is this 1/3 red circle when the port opens. Once I plug in, the light turns off. It charges perfectly fine at home as well as any supercharger. I’m assuming the LEDs just gave out so I shouldn’t worry too much about it. Anybody else have this happen?

Attachments

• IMG_1443.jpeg
    IMG_1443.jpeg
    555.4 KB · Views: 9
This is the light around my charging port on my 2016 MX 90D. It doesn’t glow blue when it opens and it doesn’t glow green when charging. All I get is this 1/3 red circle when the port opens. Once I plug in, the light turns off. It charges perfectly fine at home as well as any supercharger. I’m assuming the LEDs just gave out so I shouldn’t worry too much about it. Anybody else have this happen?
Similar occurrence on my 2018. One of the colors can fail screwing up the color patterns. Mobile service replaced the charging connector, warranty at the time. It didn't take fifteen minutes for the repair.

Reactions: jdsalinas
Upvote 0
Similar occurrence on my 2018. One of the colors can fail screwing up the color patterns. Mobile service replaced the charging connector, warranty at the time. It didn't take fifteen minutes for the repair.
That’s what I thought that it’s just the LEDs on there and nothing to do with the actual port itself so not that big of a deal. I’m out of warranty though, would you happen to know the cost it would’ve been had you been out?

Upvote 0