Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now after a year my car does not reach the 90% charge setting

By "does not reach 90%" are you measuring purely based on the mileage it shows? It likely is charging to what it thinks is 90%.

The battery is probably unbalanced and also slightly degraded, try letting it get down to ~10% a few times in a row before charging up to 90% and see if the range increases.

It no longer reaches the line and also by the mileage but I’ll take your recommendation and try it. Thank you

Not reaching the line is weird, it should do that regardless of cell balancing or degradation. Sometimes it's not perfect and will be under/over your set point by 1-2% though. So if you are between 88-92% i wouldn't really worry too much.

Going down to 10% and then up to 90% should help with the mileage though as a recalibration procedure.

So charging has stopped before you reach 90%? Or it's still charging in the morning when its time to leave?

Do you use scheduled charging at all? Start at a certain time, or end by a certain time?

What connector are you using to charge (mobile connector, wall connector, 3rd party charger, supercharger)?