Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Check Power Source Message"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a message today on my '13 P85..65k miles on it. "Unable to Charge..Check Power Source" It was something long those lines. I called Tesla and its pointing towards being the home charger inside the vehicle, verified from a local SuperCharger station that Supercharging works fine with the car. Hopefully service will do well taking care of it this week.

Had the same issue yesterday on my 2013 P85. Took it in immediately and the logs showed that the main charger might have failed, but they're having to check with engineering in California. Weird coincidence, or did you also receive 2.17.37 before it failed?

Had the same issue yesterday on my 2013 P85. Took it in immediately and the logs showed that the main charger might have failed, but they're having to check with engineering in California. Weird coincidence, or did you also receive 2.17.37 before it failed?

@alwaysru Just an update, drove out to Dublin, they determined the charger was bad, $200 out of pocket, got a new mobile charger. Get home and still the same problem, they delivered a loaner vehicle (non-Tesla) to my house and threw my vehicle on a trailer, they won't charge me another deductible which I feel is fair. Even Tesla support over the phone questioned it could be a bad home charger, I wish they had checked everything while I was at Dublin, but waiting today on the verdict. Any update on yours?

Just FYI, the Supercharger bypasses the onboard charger (Supercharger puts DC directly into the battery pack, no need to convert to AC). So if you received a new UMC and you're still having issues, it's probably the onboard charger that is having issues.