Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicagoland Availability of Model 3's for 2018 Purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
I spoke by phone this eveing with a sales agent at the Tesla store in Westmont, Illinois (west suburban Chicago). I was told there is a modest number of Model 3’s in inventory at the five stores throughout Chicagoland, and any of them could be transferred between stores at a customer’s request. They exist so that Chicagoland customers can still receive delivery before the end-of-year deadline for the full tax credit.

• Informative
Reactions: renambot
I spoke again today with another Tesla sales agent from that Westmont, Illinois store.

He said that if a car with a specific configuration is not in inventory in Chicagoland, it still may be possible to have one trucked here from another region before the end of the year. Even next year, cars will be first sold from inventory, and made-to-order in Fremont only if the desired configuration is not available in inventory.

He also noted there are about 300,000 Model 3 reservations that have not yet led to orders. I suspect that many of those are due to those waiting for the less expensive short range version. Many of those potential customers might not earn enough to be able to take advantage of the full $7500 tax credit, but may still qualify for most of the $3750 tax credit that will be available during the first half of 2019.

Due to that the sales agent does not expect a drop off in demand once 2019 arrives. In fact he expects demand to grow exponentially as the base for word-of-mouth advertising grows. Of course the referral program aids in that regard.

Last edited: