Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicagoland Owners w/ Model S (Rear Facing Seats)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My family has been debating getting a MS with rear facing seats as our family hauler for the 5 of us... We've been eying up model X's for a while, but with the deteriorating seals, shudder shake, and other issues.... we're reconsidering a model S.

Challenge is we haven't been able to find or see an MS with the rear facing seats. I found one on their used site, but they aren't very accommodating to view the vehicle without putting money down. I was curious if there might be any friendly owners in the area where we could see your vehicle and test "feasibility" of this option for our family.

My family has been debating getting a MS with rear facing seats as our family hauler for the 5 of us... We've been eying up model X's for a while, but with the deteriorating seals, shudder shake, and other issues.... we're reconsidering a model S.

Challenge is we haven't been able to find or see an MS with the rear facing seats. I found one on their used site, but they aren't very accommodating to view the vehicle without putting money down. I was curious if there might be any friendly owners in the area where we could see your vehicle and test "feasibility" of this option for our family.

I was in the same boat a year ago - between an S with rear facing jump seats and an X. After reading all the complaints of the lack of air flow and extremely hot summer temps in the rear I went with an X. If you're thinking about putting kids back there for > 5 minutes you're better off with an X + 3 rows with full HVAC.

I went to a Tesla dealer while on vacation to check out the seats. One kid was upset by the tight space so I didn't look any further. Honestly they are good to under 80lbs and as said HVAC control is non-existent back there so they don't seem that useful to me, also if there are kids back there you are down to just the trunk for cargo.

Think the option went away or at least became very rare quite some time ago so you will be limited to older S and those have plenty of problems too.

If your kids are small enough to fit in the S third row they need boosters if in the regular back seat, shop carefully as you will need narrow for 3 across the back seat