Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China Factory Related News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's true, I imagine it's just a bad excuse to slow down an American company as part of the trade war.

It doesn't make sense to delay permission for the factory because of an investigation into Model S fire safety - if they were concerned, they would block existing imports or sales, not future local production of a different model that is currently available from US production anyway.
Having said that, I suppose local financing providers might want to wait for the investigation outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I agree that it's probably a fake reason to slow down production as a retaliation against an American company. Especially since the factory being constructed would have little to do with the investigation. Even if Tesla is super dangers (which it's obviously not), than the building is still a building that should be built due to the contracts implemented for it's construction. It may not ever produce anything, but the building would still be built.

Reactions: neroden