Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent Lock Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I've had a look on the forum for other instances of this but most of what I have found is related to custom lock sounds and the files not being found etc.

Has anyone had issues with intermittent lock sounds? I have on a few ocassions walked away from my car and seen the mirrors are folded in but no sound has been made to notify me as such.

The lock sound option is on and I have tried with both horn and custom lock sounds and neither one seems to work any better than the other. (A separate issue is that even with the lock sound set to chirp it periodically reverts to the horn, but I am not too fussed by that as long as it makes a noise to let me know it locked).

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this before?

Cheers

Reactions: QUBO
Hi All,

I've had a look on the forum for other instances of this but most of what I have found is related to custom lock sounds and the files not being found etc.

Has anyone had issues with intermittent lock sounds? I have on a few ocassions walked away from my car and seen the mirrors are folded in but no sound has been made to notify me as such.

The lock sound option is on and I have tried with both horn and custom lock sounds and neither one seems to work any better than the other. (A separate issue is that even with the lock sound set to chirp it periodically reverts to the horn, but I am not too fussed by that as long as it makes a noise to let me know it locked).

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this before?

Cheers
Check the following settings Goto control/locks
Walk away door lock-on

Tick exclude home if u don’t want the want the door locking when ur at home ie. in your garage

Driver unlock mode-off this will unlock all doors &trunk

Unlock on park-on if u want the door locks to be opened automatically wen u put the car in park

Lock confirmation sound-on this allows the car to beep 1x to indicate to you car is locked as u walk away…if u don’t want any sound turn it off

If you have Boombox installed on your car u can select custom lock sounds

Go into boombox/lock sound-on choose which lock sound u want from the list by default the lock confirmation sound will be turned off automatically

If you are using the normal lock sound ie.horn beep make sure the lock confirmation sound-on in locks

Reactions: HelloJP
Try power-off, then wait a minute or two, then tap the brake pedal to wake it up. If that doesn't work, it seems time for a service ticket.

There are cases where walkaway lock doesn't happen (see the Owner's Manual, the most frequent one is leaving my phone in the car) but you ruled out these cases since your mirrors fold.

My fallback if I don't hear the sound is to look in the app or app widget to see if the car locked. This has the side effect of checking that I remembered my phone.

A custom lock sound has fixed my problem of not hearing it. It's a seagull call.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
I have a similar intermittent lock sound problem. When I go to Controls-Locks the lock confirmation sound switch is grayed out (not selectable). Going to Toybox-boombox and fiddling with the custom lock sound there somehow causes the lock confirmation switch in Controls to become available.

Reactions: HelloJP
I have a similar intermittent lock sound problem. When I go to Controls-Locks the lock confirmation sound switch is grayed out (not selectable). Going to Toybox-boombox and fiddling with the custom lock sound there somehow causes the lock confirmation switch in Controls to become available.
That is very bizarre, I never had issues with turning it off/on within controls>locks, just the intermittent sound. That said, my lock sound intermittency seems to be resolved since 2024.2.8!

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO