Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China Market situation and outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would a Model S be required to drive through with both the back and the frunk open???

Slightly off topic, but I have had to go through random security checks where they want to see inside your car and such and I always pop the hood and as soon as I do, they quickly say I didn't need to do that. I walk forward and as I say, "oh but I do" I lift the hood open and the guards reactions are priceless. I am like, "just helping you out, keep an eye for these cars cause they have storage in the front too!"

Thankfully the security guards are good fun with it since they have seen me go through there many times. I think the "random" check is not so random... Haha!

Cross boarder plates run anywhere from 700,000rmb from a boarder crossing farther out of town from Shenzhen to 1.3mil for ones with Wenjindu or Futian access. And they aren't giving them out anymore. Only existing ones being traded via sales of a company. We just had to buy 2. Not for a tesla, sadly.

http://cd.house.qq.com/a/20140917/049182.htm

Tesla China will have delivery ceremony on 5th. city Chengdu next to Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou and Shenzhen. Notably there will be minimum 200 Model S to be delivered on 09/19 event per the report and the 3rd super charger station in Chengdu will be online at the same day.

Chengdu is one of the major metropolitan cities in Southeast China. So far Tesla has presence in North China (Beijing), East China (Shanghai/Hangzhou) and South China (Shenzhen).

http://cd.house.qq.com/a/20140917/049182.htm

Tesla China will have delivery ceremony on 5th. city Chengdu next to Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou and Shenzhen. Notably there will be minimum 200 Model S to be delivered on 09/19 event per the report and the 3rd super charger station in Chengdu will be online at the same day.

Chengdu is one of the major metropolitan cities in Southeast China. So far Tesla has presence in North China (Beijing), East China (Shanghai/Hangzhou) and South China (Shenzhen).

Great news. Thanks.

Some important information from Chinese article regarding subsidiaries. It’s google translate I do not have time at the moment to clarify the content. 特斯拉正å¼è¿›å…¥æˆéƒ½å¸‚场_新能æºèµ„讯_中国新能æºç½‘
Other hot topic in Chinese media is Foxconn cooperation.

The first tax-free purchase of new energy vehicles directory has been introduced, Tesla missed the first preferential list. In this regard, Wu Bixuan said purchase tax-free directories have certain requirements and standards, Tesla need to go through some adjustments and testing, and finally reach the results. But she did not disclose the specific progress catalog application.
  Recently, Tesla and decision-makers began a new round of close interaction. Early September, Vice Premier Wang Yang met with representatives of multinational companies, Tesla vice president, head of China 吴碧瑄 in the column. U.S. local time on September 14, Science and Technology Minister Wan Gang visited the Tesla factory headquarters in California and super charging stations. September 16, Minister of Industry and Information Technology Miao Wei met Jilong Tesla's senior vice president of global, on China's electric vehicle industry development policy, the electric car technology, standards and facilities construction and other exchanges.
  Wubi Xuan said: "We work very closely with the Chinese government, Tesla development in China also received strong support from the central government and local governments, including the Tesla electric cars in Shanghai and Hangzhou can enjoy free / Free Yao Hao and other preferential policies on the card and I am very convinced that the Chinese government purchase tax-free directory area will give us the greatest support.

How accurate is this?
Are Teslas disappearing in China? - San Jose Mercury News
More than 2,800 of the luxury battery electric vehicles have been imported to China over the last several months, that company's numbers show. But only 432 have received the license plates required to operate them on China's roads.

"It's very puzzling," said Junheng Li, JLWarren's head of research. "The cars are in China, but they're not being driven."

Li's best guess: The cars are being purchased by car "scalpers," who are snapping them up at the regular retail rate of about $120,000, hoping to "flip" them to third-party buyers.

LUMP, I posted the same/similar question this morning on the 'short term' thread. The comments I received (esp one from Maoing) indicated that the Chinese can swap plates from one car to the next AND the temporary plates they get with a delivered car can be extended for a fee for months. Consumers in China have taken delivery (paid TM) but are waiting to see if the government is going to give them a tax break when they ultimately put 'real' plates on the cars.

LUMP, I posted the same/similar question this morning on the 'short term' thread. The comments I received (esp one from Maoing) indicated that the Chinese can swap plates from one car to the next AND the temporary plates they get with a delivered car can be extended for a fee for months. Consumers in China have taken delivery (paid TM) but are waiting to see if the government is going to give them a tax break when they ultimately put 'real' plates on the cars.

Thanks for the reply, I must have missed it.

OK. Q3 2014 is now over. Anyone have a source for Chinese delivery numbers for July/August/September? EV Insider feels that US deliveries were 3,600 in Q3 (2,500 in September)