Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete in Toronto Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for a good and reasonably priced shop to get my M3 chromed delete done. I have been given prices from $400 to over $1000. Around $400 seems about right, but I will have to check their work first. This is not a big job. Window trim, door handles and mirrors. Does anyone have a recommendation in the Toronto area? Live downtown but will drive a bit for a good deal and good work.

We took our MX to Top Geer in Woodbridge for the work a couple of weeks ago. Brooks did a good job and the cost was very reasonable.

5F483758-726C-4E30-A31B-6909A40ED2E0.jpeg

Reactions: Muskol and Koflach
Looking for a good and reasonably priced shop to get my M3 chromed delete done. I have been given prices from $400 to over $1000. Around $400 seems about right, but I will have to check their work first. This is not a big job. Window trim, door handles and mirrors. Does anyone have a recommendation in the Toronto area? Live downtown but will drive a bit for a good deal and good work.
If you are a DIY type:

Its too cold now, but I'll likely go this route in the spring. The mirrors are a bit of a pain from all the research I've done, but for sure the handles and window trim should be do-able. Maybe even leaving the mirrors as-is wont look totally dumb.

I've run into a few model 3 owners in the wild with chrome delete and they all seem to be paying around $700....too much for me considering the guy in this video says it took him 4 hours in his first try. Depends how comfortable you are doing things like this of course....

If you are a DIY type:

Its too cold now, but I'll likely go this route in the spring. The mirrors are a bit of a pain from all the research I've done, but for sure the handles and window trim should be do-able. Maybe even leaving the mirrors as-is wont look totally dumb.

I've run into a few model 3 owners in the wild with chrome delete and they all seem to be paying around $700....too much for me considering the guy in this video says it took him 4 hours in his first try. Depends how comfortable you are doing things like this of course....

Having done 3M PPF on my 3, it took a good two to three weekends. Lots of fails and learning curve - if you don't have the time and patience, paying someone else to do it is worth the money.

I have no experience with Vinyl but from what I've watch online, vinyl is more forgiving than PPF to install DIY. A heat gun releases the bond and allows for adjustments and tightening.

I did the chrome delete myself and tried and failed at PPF. Chrome delete is MUCH more forgiving.

I give my chrome delete job a 7 out of 10. The mirrors are a nightmare and took me over one hour for each mirror (I took one off and did the other on the vehicle, if I were to do it again, leave them on). I gave up on trying to do them in one piece and have several, well placed seams that are invisible from 3 feet away. I also have a sliver of chrome hear and there, but again, from 3 feet away you can't see them.

I used the video posted and bought the exact material. You can always spend about $30 on a small amount of material and give it a try. I spent less than $100 and was quoted $600-700 for a professional.

I did the chrome delete myself and tried and failed at PPF. Chrome delete is MUCH more forgiving.

I give my chrome delete job a 7 out of 10. The mirrors are a nightmare and took me over one hour for each mirror (I took one off and did the other on the vehicle, if I were to do it again, leave them on). I gave up on trying to do them in one piece and have several, well placed seams that are invisible from 3 feet away. I also have a sliver of chrome hear and there, but again, from 3 feet away you can't see them.

I used the video posted and bought the exact material. You can always spend about $30 on a small amount of material and give it a try. I spent less than $100 and was quoted $600-700 for a professional.

There's a video of a professional vinyl guy explaining how to do mirrors using a specialized seem tape. Worth checking out on YouTube. Ammo guy was the host and the vinyl guy was the installer on an used R8. Silver/gray to sky blue wrap.