Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Delete Longevity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been shopping chrome delete quotes locally (San Diego), and they range from $400-$1400 (I'm not kidding). I know the Nikola Pro kit is popular on this forum, although I've heard its a PITA to install, especially the mirrors. Several pro quotes I've received claim the kits with a bunch of pieces only last months, because of the multiple cuts/seams. Even the expensive pro quotes use the 3M vinyl tape, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has had problems with their vinyl chrome deletes? I know the 3 has only been around less than 3 yrs, so not sure how much data is out there yet, but if you've had good or bad results, chime in please.

I also just installed white car seats, and am starting to almost like the chrome look, but I think the big chrome oval detracts from the flowing lines of the car, so will probably move forward, either with a kit or a pro. 20200120_145117.jpg
Thanx

Hey thanks, I do think the chrome "brightens" the blue a bit, but I'm biased from my racing days that in a power/weight context, chrome was always unnecessary "bling" and too heavy. I know our cars are already heavy, and putting vinyl over it does not reduce the weight, but its a subjective mental thing for me. I'll assume if no one has been complaining that the vinyl deteriorates or pulls off easily, so I guess that is encouraging. . .