Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a quote I got in Seattle area for chrome delete. Is this quote reasonable

Matte Black ( 3M / Avery Dennison )
Side View Mirrors Pair - $200.00
All Door Handles (Full Wrap) - $200.00
Front Bumper Grille Piece - $100.00
Rear Hatch Piece - $200.00
Rocker Panels Chrome Piece Pair - $100.00
Side Window Surrounds - $650.00

Thanks for your help

Here is a quote I got in Seattle area for chrome delete. Is this quote reasonable

Thanks for your help

I did mine for far less, under $1,000.

Thanks for your help
If you order all the listed options together they should give you good discount since the scrap will be minimized. I think 20-30% is reasonable

I love the idea of chrome delete. However, if using vinyl, I would be concerned on the longevity. If there is any cracking down the road, removal would be tricky. Plastic dip seems like a good option due to its ease for removal. One option is to use both! Use vinyl only on the parts like the folding mirrors.
I'm interested in this but I need to do more research.

I love the idea of chrome delete. However, if using vinyl, I would be concerned on the longevity. If there is any cracking down the road, removal would be tricky. Plastic dip seems like a good option due to its ease for removal. One option is to use both! Use vinyl only on the parts like the folding mirrors.
I'm interested in this but I need to do more research.
A brand name vinyl should not crack and be easily removable for about 5 years

I paid $1200 for mine (deleted everything but the Tesla emblems) but I went to a very high-end shop and the work has a lifetime warranty. Not going to skimp on aftermarket work on a $50k car. There's also not a lot of places that do it here so pricing likely isn't as competitive here as it may be in other parts.

I was not talking if the price quoted by the OP is reasonable but that if you get the full package you should get good discount.

Side windows surround for $650 is crazy expensive. They are easy to do and if you tailor the material smart there will be not much material involved

Last edited: