TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chrysler 200C EV

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by domenick, Jan 11, 2009.

1. domenick

domenick Nerd

#1 domenick, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
  2. DDB

DDB Member

"The Chrysler 200C EV Concept is a rolling test bed for Chrysler’s future uconnect in-car computer and communication device. It also connects directly to an iPhone, allowing you to preprogram the temperature, lock the doors, allow you to view an in-car camera remotely (pervy parents rejoice) and track the car’s location live via GPS – all straight from the iPhone.

Underneath the hood, Chrysler says the 200C could use either the ENVI EV extended range powertrain or the new Phoenix V6. the concept is rear wheel drive, but they say it could easily be adapted to a front wheel drive production car, which seems a more likely prospect. Of all the Chrysler products revealed at the show, this is the most likely to reach production. Whether or not it’ll have an extended range EV powertrain remains to be seen."

Chrysler 200C EV Concept: Shockingly Attractive Mid-Size

Most likely to see production? I'll bet not...want to bet there's nothing under the hood? And the uconnect in-car computer sounds like it was developed by Apple for Apple. Come on Chrysler.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Fairly attractive I would say.
    200c-ev-concept-naias.jpg

Remind anyone of the new Hyundai Geneis?
    Hyundai-Genesis-1.jpg

4. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

p1112551_opt.jpg
    Opel%20Insignia_1.jpg

I say Opel Insignia. It's almost a carbon copy in the front.

Still looks nice though.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Perhaps if the Dodge EV / Dodge Circuit was Chrysler's answer to the Roadster, then this is their challenge to the Model S...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator