Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear vinyl handle wraps - reduce heat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only had my car a few weeks and here in VA I haven't had to worry about the "hot handles" I've read about here and on other forums. The chrome is growing on me so I don't think I'll do much in terms of exterior chrome delete yet but I do hate how there are fingerprints all over those handles. Does anyone out West have these and if so do they reduce the heat?

Is that heat thing even as bad as it sounds? Don't want my kids burning their paws when they open the door.

I was looking at EVWRAPS and some of the others out there.

Another slightly off topic questions, do those full front/back wraps affect the function? It seems like their sized just right for the opening, don't want them sticking out or working properly.

Thanks!

I've only had my car a few weeks and here in VA I haven't had to worry about the "hot handles" I've read about here and on other forums. The chrome is growing on me so I don't think I'll do much in terms of exterior chrome delete yet but I do hate how there are fingerprints all over those handles. Does anyone out West have these and if so do they reduce the heat?

Is that heat thing even as bad as it sounds? Don't want my kids burning their paws when they open the door.

I was looking at EVWRAPS and some of the others out there.

Another slightly off topic questions, do those full front/back wraps affect the function? It seems like their sized just right for the opening, don't want them sticking out or working properly.

Thanks!
Did you get an answer on this? Just finished a road trip to southern California and definitely experienced this a few times on the journey. I dont want to mess with a full wrap or delete the chrome, but I will if that's what it takes to reduce the handle temperature.

Did you get an answer on this? Just finished a road trip to southern California and definitely experienced this a few times on the journey. I dont want to mess with a full wrap or delete the chrome, but I will if that's what it takes to reduce the handle temperature.
I did not and am still rolling unwrapped. So far no issue here in Northern VA but it's just starting to get really hot so we'll see how the next couple weeks go