Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing door handle bezel (chrome); should be simple!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
I was looking through the Tesla Service Manual for my 2020 MX and noticed that the chrome for the outside door handles should pop off easily. The manual states that you; open the door, use a plastic trim tool to pry the bezel towards the rear of the vehicle, and slide the bezel off. Seems simple.

However, when I tried to do it with my pry tool, it didn't work. I was putting so much force on it I was afraid I was going to break it. Is there some trick to it or something? Have you taken off the door handle bezels on a MX? What am I doing wrong?

BTW: I want to remove them to make it easier to PlastiDip or vinyl wrap them.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
There is a small notch on the backside of the handle. On the door part there is a small plastic part which is stopping the handle movement via the notch.
I used a small screwdriver which I bent and sharpend to lift the plastic part. There is a small hole in the backside of the door and by putting in the screwdriver part it is possible to lift the plastic part and remove the handle! It is a lttle tricky!!

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
Photos
20230507_143324.jpeg
20230507_143345.jpeg
20230507_143618.jpeg

Reactions: RNHurt