TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Clearing Code Issue - Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by engineer890, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. engineer890

engineer890 New Member

Okay so,

Long story short, our tesla has been in an accident, and we've been waiting 4+ months so far and is finally in its end stages of being fixed but there is one issue that has been bothering me. I'm starting to get impatient and feel helpless.

The Body Shop our car is at is saying they need to clear the code from the system for the wheel alignment and suspension, but it has been in this phase for 2 weeks? This one step is basically all that's needed for us to get our car back.

I was wondering typically how long does it take to get an issue like this resolved?

2. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

Maybe have the body shop call the closest Service Center to explain how to clear it, or have the SC clear it via the computer from the mothership?

3. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

That takes either SC or Tesla 5 minutes to clear. They can log in and clear it. They did it to mine.

4. engineer890

engineer890 New Member

Wow, only 5 minutes? They've been holding my car for 2 weeks... and they keep saying they are trying to clear the code.

5. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

I just had an experience with an authorized third party that replaced a mirror. Antenna in the mirror was not working and I had no internet access. After trying to get things working (they had Tesla computer tools) they told me I needed to go to aTesla service center.

I tried a simple reboot when I got home and everything was fine. The point is that a lot of these folks get stumped by the computer tools on the Tesla.