Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking from brake/accelerator - help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time I used EAP when coming to a stop around 5-10 mph, I noticed there was a clicking coming from the steering wheel. It also clicks when it begins to accelerate. Putting my ear closer, I noticed it was from the brake or accelerator.

This happens every time I'm on TACC or autopilot. It does not occur when with regular driving.

I brought it to SC Buena Park, along with other paint issues. You can see my other thread I stared if interested. They had it for a month. At pick up, they said it was a software issue which I did not believe since my sister's model 3 does not have the issue. After many software updates, now on the latest V9, still having the issue.

I brought it back again, reproduced it with the tech during a test drive and he acknowledged it. Car now gone for 6 weeks (there were also other paint issues that remained). Picked it up today and turns out they had replaced the brake booster, and claimed the problem had been solved.

Guess what...it's still there.

Video is attached, you can hear it three times at 2s, 8s, 15s

What is going on?! I cannot have it clicking for the duration of my ownership of this car. It's very annoying. Can some help me diagnose it? I'm so frustrated that they still haven't fixed the issue. I'm losing my patience.

IMG_0102.TRIM - Streamable

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I just noticed this issue on my car in the same situation you described. Driving in autopilot in stop and go traffic. The car was making a click noise during stop and go actions.

Any updates on what the problem is?

What is weird is that this noise does not exist when driving in the same manner without autopilot.