Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

clicking sound when steering

joeyjackson

Feb 13, 2021
California
Just took my 2020 X LR+ in to have the half shafts lubricated because they were making a creaking noise when I would accelerate or decelerate; they said this wasn't done as much as it should be when it came from the factory. This fixed the creaking noise but I noticed a new issue today that I haven't heard before. Something is clicking whenever I turn the wheel. I will attach a video, please let me know if anyone else has had this problem, and if it's even worth taking into service again.

MX Clicking Noise

Bitacik

Jul 30, 2021
Just took my 2020 X LR+ in to have the half shafts lubricated because they were making a creaking noise when I would accelerate or decelerate; they said this wasn't done as much as it should be when it came from the factory. This fixed the creaking noise but I noticed a new issue today that I haven't heard before. Something is clicking whenever I turn the wheel. I will attach a video, please let me know if anyone else has had this problem, and if it's even worth taking into service again.

MX Clicking Noise
Check my post

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC