Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Closing Apps While Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe there's a command to "close apps"... but I think what you're really after is to get back to the map. Perhaps something like "show map" or "show navigation"... although those are totally wild guesses.

It used to be that windows had an explicit close.botton (an X in the corner), but at some point that switching to just swiping down. I don't find that I really need to look at the screen to close a window. If I do, then it's a very quick glance and I'm not even aware of it, or it just requires a tiny bit of my peripheral vision.

If you're a new owner, then I think in time this will become a non-issue for you. Good luck!

Upvote 0
You have a Tesla that drives itself, why do you think you need to keep your eyes on the road?/s

(One of my biggest beefs is the car screams take over and you have to look at the screen to figure out exactly why the car is asking you to take over. By the time you get over assessing the situation and feel confident you can take your eyes off the road, whatever message that was on the screen is long gone. Same is true for steering wheel nags - if you are actually looking at the road, you can/will miss the nag.)

Upvote 0