Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloud flare, preventing logon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, when you ensure third party telemetry isn’t collected (your privacy isn’t invaded), websites that use hinky 3rd parties break.

I’m gonna assume TMC just doesn’t know who can’t use the website if they never manage to create an account / login.

Cloudflare is not really a hinky 3rd party product. It's a mainstream solution.
It's a firewall product sitting well in front of the TMC servers. I'm assuming that it's provided by their Service Provider.

And if you don't allow it to determine if you are real or a bot, for security purposes, you are denied.

Trust is a two-way street. Lock your doors and so will your neighbors. And you don't get to talk to each other.

• Informative
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Actually, Cloudflare has plenty of issues… Especially when the site that is using it turns on features that don’t allow you to log onto the site.

I actually had to look to see whether I was paying for access to this site, because if I was, I was going to have cancel it.

As much as I love this site, it’s not very useful if I can’t actually login because cloudflare doesn’t like something or it’s trying to collect information from your browser that it probably doesn’t need to do.

I also went and checked it from other locations that have typical security, and guess what… It’s also being blocked from those locations.

Enabling proper and industry standard security on your end should not be a problem when you’re browsing a website. Given that other sites are using cloudflare as well and I’m not having a problem with them… And neither are the other locations I browsed from, that means it’s this site and how the network admin configured cloud flare.

I love how you started immediately making me wrong for having normal network security. It’s also interesting that there’s an assumption that if I have that at home… then there’s something with it. if you love ransom, or you love having your data stolen, or any number of other vulnerabilities exploited… that’s all nice and fine. I do find it pretty ridiculous that having proper security enabled on your network at home seems to be an issue in you mind.

In my case, the symptoms is repeatable, and it’s specific to TMC and it’s cloudflare implementation.

Actually, Cloudflare has plenty of issues… Especially when the site that is using it turns on features that don’t allow you to log onto the site.

I actually had to look to see whether I was paying for access to this site, because if I was, I was going to have cancel it.

As much as I love this site, it’s not very useful if I can’t actually login because cloudflare doesn’t like something or it’s trying to collect information from your browser that it probably doesn’t need to do.

I also went and checked it from other locations that have typical security, and guess what… It’s also being blocked from those locations.

Enabling proper and industry standard security on your end should not be a problem when you’re browsing a website. Given that other sites are using cloudflare as well and I’m not having a problem with them… And neither are the other locations I browsed from, that means it’s this site and how the network admin configured cloud flare.

I love how you started immediately making me wrong for having normal network security. It’s also interesting that there’s an assumption that if I have that at home… then there’s something with it. if you love ransom, or you love having your data stolen, or any number of other vulnerabilities exploited… that’s all nice and fine. I do find it pretty ridiculous that having proper security enabled on your network at home seems to be an issue in you mind.

In my case, the symptoms is repeatable, and it’s specific to TMC and it’s cloudflare implementation.

The most hilarious part of your reply? "having proper security enabled on your network"

As if there was such a thing.

I do security day in and day out for a living. I often have to explain to security teams that their "perfect" security is keeping them from getting pai. If a company can't do its business, employees don't get paid.

Internet Security is actually really easy. Don't connect to the Internet!

Aside from that, EVERYTHING is a compromise.

And yes, when you boast about your great security along with effectively saying that everyone, but YOU, works, I do come to an assumption.