Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloud Profile not restoring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a Model Y for three years and just traded it in for a new Y. Prior to trading it in I cloud-synced all of my driver profiles (my wife's and mine) to the cloud.

Now I have my new car and I cannot figure out for the life of me how to retrieve my previously cloud-synced profile.. My wife's came on & synced as soon as I invited her to the car via the app - but I can't figure out how to get my own retrieved. I'm using the same email address in the app as I was for the old car..

Am I missing a step?

Reactions: cwhite51
I've had this same issue since they replaced the main computer in my car last fall. No amount of rebooting or software upgrades has triggered my cloud profile to show, only my wife's account shows just like the OP. Same car, new computer, meaning all my profiles were gone when I got it back from service. I've just gotten used to it, no issue really, it just kind of bugs me that it doesn't work as advertised.
I just keep hoping that they'll improve functionality of this cloud profile feature so it either just works, or you can force it down from the car.

FWIW, I took delivery of a new S recently and my cloud profile was available immediately. I had created the profile in my wife’s Model 3, because my previous “legacy” S did not support cloud profiles.

A couple of differences between my scenario and yours, which could be relevant: my wife‘s account doesn’t have access to my car (but mine has access to hers), and my wife never set up her cloud profile, even though I see her account username in the list of profiles.