Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CO - Whole body PPF & Ceramic coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, Ive been researching clear bra and ceramic coating for my MY as well. I am a fan of XPEL clear bra and found this company "Denver Auto Shield" which quoted my $3150 for a full paint correction, half XPEL clear bra (full bumper, full hood, a pillars, etc) and then ceramic coating to glass, rims, and full car. It was called the ultimate protection package and from what I have heard, is really all you need on our shitty mountain, sandy roads. Going less than that wont really protect the car well and going more than that might be overkill. I also checkout another company: Colorado Clear Bra and got this response which is about the same price and package:

"I charge $875 for my 24" Platinum Plus Package - 24” SunTek Ultra or XPEL Ultimate Plus film installed on the hood, fenders, headlights, mirrors, and the complete front bumper.

Installation will take about 5 hours.
I charge $1,900 for my Ultimate Package - SunTek Ultra or XPEL Ultimate Plus film installed on the full hood, full fenders, headlights, mirrors, A-pillars, and the complete front bumper.
Installation will take about 25 hours. I would need to keep your car for 3 full days.
I charge $1,500 to apply Ceramic Pro (5 year warranty) or $1,700 for Opti-Coat Pro Plus (7 year warranty) on your car. We will cover all of the exterior painted surfaces as well as any chrome, metal, and plastic trim. The price includes all paint correction that we will need to do."

This was similar in scope as Denver Auto Shield.

Hope that helps!

Hi there, Ive been researching clear bra and ceramic coating for my MY as well. I am a fan of XPEL clear bra and found this company "Denver Auto Shield" which quoted my $3150 for a full paint correction, half XPEL clear bra (full bumper, full hood, a pillars, etc) and then ceramic coating to glass, rims, and full car. It was called the ultimate protection package and from what I have heard, is really all you need on our shitty mountain, sandy roads. Going less than that wont really protect the car well and going more than that might be overkill. I also checkout another company: Colorado Clear Bra and got this response which is about the same price and package:

"I charge $875 for my 24" Platinum Plus Package - 24” SunTek Ultra or XPEL Ultimate Plus film installed on the hood, fenders, headlights, mirrors, and the complete front bumper.

Installation will take about 5 hours.
I charge $1,900 for my Ultimate Package - SunTek Ultra or XPEL Ultimate Plus film installed on the full hood, full fenders, headlights, mirrors, A-pillars, and the complete front bumper.
Installation will take about 25 hours. I would need to keep your car for 3 full days.
I charge $1,500 to apply Ceramic Pro (5 year warranty) or $1,700 for Opti-Coat Pro Plus (7 year warranty) on your car. We will cover all of the exterior painted surfaces as well as any chrome, metal, and plastic trim. The price includes all paint correction that we will need to do."

This was similar in scope as Denver Auto Shield.

Hope that helps!

This is great. Thank you so much!

Reactions: aburrows
This is great. Thank you so much!
Are you handy and a DIYer? While I wouldnt try putting clear bra all over your car, applying a ceramic coat is not too difficult.The cost of a consumer ceramic coating is about $60. This video comes from an amazing guy (Pan) from Montreal. The only caution is that you need to make sure you dont need any paint correction (that is the hardest part of putting on a ceramic coat....making the paint PERFECT before hand). You are effectively sealing your paint in whatever state it is in (swirls, scratches, etc) for 5-7 years so the vast majority of a "Ceramic coating" cost at a detailer is the hours and hours of paint correction (usually a two part process of using polishing machines and decontamination.

By the way, Pan the Organizer is the best car detailing channel on youtube. The guy is a genius and recommends the best products to wash and detail your car.

I’d appreciate some insight on this.

1. Does it make sense to do whole body PPF?
2. Any Denver area recommendations?
3. Approximate $$$?

Thanks!
I just posted the following for my experience. I live in CA so do t have a recommendation for a place, but I have had experience with PPF on my model 3 and just got my model Y wrapped. What I wrote:

Picked my fully PPF wrapped (3M) model Y....including the black shiny piano black console...which I want to stay shiny and scratch free......from Aux Auto In San Mateo A few days ago. I had bought 2 strips of this clear film stuff , looks like PPF...for the door sills, and they also installed that for me. Just a note that since the model Y door sills are this matte black, once the branded door sill pieces have the PPF on them, it is really hard to see the black colored text “ Model Y”. I would still prefer to keep the wrap on them though because those door sill areas get scuffed from shoes....when getting in the car.
Model Y looks great!
I also had a ceramic coat put on top of the PPF for the Y and so far I have noticed that stuff like bugs and similar are much easier to clean off than on my model 3 which one has the PPF film. I was expecting the ceramic coating to keep the car cleaner longer, but nice to see in person and have my model 3 to compare. We park both cars outside and so they can get quite dusty!
Now have to wait 2 weeks before washing the car.. .. so that the PPF and ceramic coating are all cured .....will be a difficult wait for me.
I am going to monitor the ceramic coating in the next month, and if I really feel like it made a difference to keep the car clean longer, I may bring my model 3 (black/black interior lrm3) back to the guys @Aux auto to add a ceramic coat to the top of my PPF.

I am a huge fan of PPF...have had the 3M PPF on my model 3 for two years now. I have had a number of things happen where the PPF film protected my paint from getting scratched....another car hit my front bumper and tore/ literally peeled up the wrap in a few places, careless people with their grocery shopping carts hit my car, someone opening their door and hitting my car, rocks hitting car on I-80 are crazy.....all that in 2 years and I don’t have scratched from any of those incidences ( fingers crossed that the PPF continues to do its job). I know some people only do a partial wrap, but I definitely think a full car wrap is worth it. I have had rocks on the highway hit the side of my car as well as the back bumper ...I-80 in California is terrible!