Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coating/Sealant Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've used Rejex and Liquid Glass in the past. Still have enough to do this car, but was thinking maybe I should try ceramic. I see a ton on Amazon for 10-30 dollars and of course others that are twice that price. Anyone try any of these?

I'm not looking to be obsessive, I did this in my younger years, just looking for something to keep the paint slick for a decent amount of time.

This is supposed to be a very user-friendly DIY ceramic coating:

Optimum Gloss-Coat

I personally like using ceramic-infused spray sealants. They do not last as long as actual ceramic coatings, but they are much easier and faster to apply and are more forgiving if you make a mistake. If you enjoy applying a spray sealant once every 3 or 4 months, this might be a good option for you. I personally love The Last Coat 2.0 as well as OptiCoat's Hyper Seal.

Opti-Coat Hyper Seal 16 oz. - Opticoat

The Last Coat - Upgraded Formula (TLC2)

Reactions: JasontheBeaver
I'm thinking maybe the Avalon stuff off I go that route. It seems to have good reviews and 45 dollars with coupon.

I've also been looking at Adams spray ceramic. Any one have experience with those?
The spray ceramics are a total marketing gimmick. Just like the Teflon coatings of decades past.
You might get some protection from the spray, but it has nothing to do with the "ceramic" they're claiming. These companies are just capitalizing on the buzz of ceramic coatings and trying to profit. It's totally infuriating to us professionals because of how much it confuses the marketplace. But I've been around long enough to see this play out, like the Teflon example I mentioned earlier. Eventually consumers realize that it's a gimmick so they stop buying it, then the manufacturers are onto the next knock-off gimmick.
The only good side of this is that most of those products don't have anything in them that will harm your paint, so they're ok to use without worrying about damage, just don't expect to get even a remote fraction of the protection they claim.

Reactions: EliteFinish