Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold Start - Whistling noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Tesla. I just picked up my 2022 model 3 SR+ last wednesday. This morning the car is making some whistling noise in cold start. Temperature is around 25F.
Noise went away after 20 mins (until the car is warmed up). is this normal? should i bring it in for check up?

You can't see in your video but is the AC on? My 2022 Model 3 Performance AC sounds like this sometimes depending on how hard its working/temp etc. I chalk it up to the AC gases going through the linesetc. Once i shut the AC off, the sound goes away. I've had ICE vehicles where the AC lines makes these noises its just that in the Tesla you can actually hear them better because you don't have engine sounds drowning them out. I "think" its normal. You could go the route and have Tesla verify the AC gas levels etc just to make sure the lines are operating as intended. I found that the sound is louder in certain cabin temp setting ranges as the vehicle works to maintain the cabin temperature. Adjust the temp up/down and see how the sound changes tone/volume etc. If the sound is on 100% of the time at different settings and AC turned off, I'd take it to Tesla to have them properly diagnose it.