Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection Experience from Dartford

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would share the experience of collection today from Dartford. I was collection LR in blue.

Arrived a bit early at 10am for a 10:30 collection. On arrival I scanned the QR code and completed the requested information. About 5 minutes later a Tesla guy came out and called my name, I then had to show driving license and sign the Tesla lease agreement and I was then given two key cards and told which car was mine.

I headed out to the car which was on charge and at 90% and began looking around. I didn’t spot anything wrong with the car, all the panels looked to be in line, the paint work looked to be scratch free and everything open and closed as I expected it to. I have all the cables and safety kits etc.

After about 15 minutes the guy who I had signed the paperwork with came out and checked all was OK and shortly after that I drove off.

Car calibrated the autopilot cameras on the 18 mile drive back home.

App access was working as soon as I enabled it in the car, this is despite being told it would take 48 hours if I didn’t sign the car acceptance document (I didn’t ) in advance of seeing the car.

In terms of app access I know some people have asked about access to upgrades with lease deals. I can confirm with my lease (direct with Tesla) that I have access to these upgrades and can select the acceleration boost or FSD.

Overall the whole collection process was great with no problems and there are no obvious issues that I have been able to see with the car so far.

In terms of the car itself and driving there have been no issues, everything is working as expected, the performance is simply awesome, I only have to touch the accelerator and the speed builds at a significant rate.

I’ll be finding reasons to get out an about for a drive for a while I think. Very happy with the process and the car.

Thought I would share the experience of collection today from Dartford. I was collection LR in blue.

Arrived a bit early at 10am for a 10:30 collection. On arrival I scanned the QR code and completed the requested information. About 5 minutes later a Tesla guy came out and called my name, I then had to show driving license and sign the Tesla lease agreement and I was then given two key cards and told which car was mine.

I headed out to the car which was on charge and at 90% and began looking around. I didn’t spot anything wrong with the car, all the panels looked to be in line, the paint work looked to be scratch free and everything open and closed as I expected it to. I have all the cables and safety kits etc.

After about 15 minutes the guy who I had signed the paperwork with came out and checked all was OK and shortly after that I drove off.

Car calibrated the autopilot cameras on the 18 mile drive back home.

App access was working as soon as I enabled it in the car, this is despite being told it would take 48 hours if I didn’t sign the car acceptance document (I didn’t ) in advance of seeing the car.

In terms of app access I know some people have asked about access to upgrades with lease deals. I can confirm with my lease (direct with Tesla) that I have access to these upgrades and can select the acceleration boost or FSD.

Overall the whole collection process was great with no problems and there are no obvious issues that I have been able to see with the car so far.

In terms of the car itself and driving there have been no issues, everything is working as expected, the performance is simply awesome, I only have to touch the accelerator and the speed builds at a significant rate.

I’ll be finding reasons to get out an about for a drive for a while I think. Very happy with the process and the car.
Interesting I don't have the access to upgrades at all on the app. Technically I should have all available upgrade but (see 70 reg thread) I don't.

I just assumed it was a leasing thing

Just adding my collection experience from Dartford today to this thread. Model 3 LR with 19 inch wheels in red.

Arrived at 9.45am for a 10.30am appointment (by Uber from Ebbsfleet International train station). Went into the reception room, checked in by scanning my QR code using my phone at the door and entered my reservation number and bits and bobs into the webpage that popped up.

Sat in the lounge. A few people already there. At 10am, a slightly harried-looking gentleman with a brusque demeanour, probably in his 30s, called my name, and asked me to digitally sign the delivery declaration on his phone, and sign the PCP credit agreement in wet ink.

He went away to arrange to put the number plate on the car, and few minutes later, he came back to give me the two key cards and asked me to inspect the car. I asked if I could stay for as long as I want, within reason, and he said yes - but asked to be mindful that other Tesla cars will need the parking space later.

Spent 45 minutes poring over the vehicle, using this delivery checklist. The car was at 87% charge. Everything looked good, barring some minor glue residue. Created a driver profile and sorted out the mirror, steering wheel and driving position. Went into the various menus - particularly to add my phone as a key, enable Autosteer and Lane Departure Avoidance, and log into Spotify. Plugged my Samsung T5 SSD card into the front USB A socket (already formatted to FAT32 beforehand) in order to enable TeslaCam and Sentry Mode. The other front socket, USB C, is taken up by the provided wireless charging pad, which worked on my iPhone X.

Drove back up the M25 and A1 and headed immediately to Azuri Car Care in Stevenage to get the car ceramic coated and the centre console PPFed (as I can't be bothered to buy and install a vinyl wrap or shell, and I like the piano black). Can't really afford to PPF the car itself. A neat trick I learnt from this forum last night - when I was outside the car, I put in the destination on Google Maps on my iPhone, and "shared" it with the car, and the route duly appeared on-screen. On the way up to Stevenage, Autopilot calibrated itself and I tried it, gingerly... only used it when there was as significant distance between me and the car immediately behind.

Arrived at Stevenage. Inspected the car a little more. Spotted a couple of very minor panel misalignments, and a piece of rubber trim on the top right bonnet panel where the panel meets the windscreen looked loose compared to the other side. Will mull over whether or not to sort these out with Tesla.

All in all, a generally painless, but completely un-premium collection experience for a premium car (technology-wise, at least).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and JS77