Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collingwood charging station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the criteria for Tesla setting up a superstation? With all the tourism traffic heading up here as a prime destination point, you would think Collingwood would be a prime choice for setting one up. Is there a process, or a way to give input?

With the Barrie Supercharger less than 80km away, I doubt Tesla would do anything in Collingwood/Blue Mountain. I wouldn't in their place. You could argue for more destination charging, I agree it's slim pickings, unless you're staying at Westin or Club Intrawest at the Blue. But for the destination charging, you'd push businesses, not Tesla.

Reactions: cdswm3
I have a 70D and made the trip up to Collingwood twice this winter from Mississauga. Both times I charged overnight using a friend's 110v plug, but in both cases it was really to make it a more comfortable drive. If I had a packed car or it was very cold you might run into problems, but if you have an 85 you really should be ok, especially if you're willing to pull back on climate control and take it easy on the road.