Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colored PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found out today Stek is having supply issue and whomever has the DynoPurple, get some back up film. Stek will be changing the formula or pigmentation of the Dynopurple so it may not match future replacement PCs. Just a heads up I received from my installer. I’m picking up my wife car MYLR this afternoon. I’ll order the wheels later, since she a new Tesla driver.

• Informative
Reactions: M|S|M MYP
Here's our new MYP, wrapped in Stek DynoPurple (original color: MSM). We had the brakes painted purple as well. One thing he hadn't considered: the need to paint the sensors to match the film (this was a bit labor-intensive, as the bumpers needed to be removed, to get to the sensors).

Combined with the TSportline TSS 18s, I think it came out really nice...

View attachment 840869
How do you like ts TS wheels, 18s is what you mentioned. I have a MYLR and think of replacing with 19s to match the factory MYLR specifications. Can you share what size of tire you went with?

Just picked it up today.. the installer did not have any Stek Carbon PPF left, used Flexishield dry ppf for the mirror caps.

Attachments

• 834D0743-18C8-4768-BC48-60FCBEF3A513.jpeg
    834D0743-18C8-4768-BC48-60FCBEF3A513.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 95CEB7A6-E56E-4AD5-B730-6A9645A20DD2.jpeg
    95CEB7A6-E56E-4AD5-B730-6A9645A20DD2.jpeg
    469.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 9B012036-2E61-4FFE-A6BB-8C80D320837E.jpeg
    9B012036-2E61-4FFE-A6BB-8C80D320837E.jpeg
    469.9 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Du30 and toast4321
How do you like ts TS wheels, 18s is what you mentioned. I have a MYLR and think of replacing with 19s to match the factory MYLR specifications. Can you share what size of tire you went with?
The wheels are great, and the 18s really offer a more comfortable ride than the Ubers. Just shy of 7K miles, with lifetime 298wh/mi. Tires are Pilot Sport 4 245/50-18, the only wheel+tire combo sold direct from TSportline for the 18s.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I love the DYNOprism on MSM. Did you add any other accents?
No just the PPF that looks almost clear but has a slight metal flake in it. I had no idea what it would do to the color. The material is more thick than just a wrap as someone posted above and he did not remove bumpers and other items but I have no color gaps between original MSM and the PPF...looks perfect! I originally was just going to PPF the entire car with clear but didn't want the same look as all the others.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
No just the PPF that looks almost clear but has a slight metal flake in it. I had no idea what it would do to the color. The material is more thick than just a wrap as someone posted above and he did not remove bumpers and other items but I have no color gaps between original MSM and the PPF...looks perfect! I originally was just going to PPF the entire car with clear but didn't want the same look as all the others.
It looks fantastic. Thanks…I can’t wait do get mine.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
Tomorrow I am picking up my Blue MY with a Stek Dynoprism wrap.

I haven't yet seen it in the light but so far it looks pretty amazing in the shop.
View attachment 931403
Did your installer take of the bumpers when installing the wrap? My wife has a white MYLR and they didn’t take the bumpers off and they cut really close and you can see white. I’m having them take it off the car and view other options.

Did your installer take of the bumpers when installing the wrap? My wife has a white MYLR and they didn’t take the bumpers off and they cut really close and you can see white. I’m having them take it off the car and view other options.
My installer said that ppf (stekdynoprism) is too thick to wrap between the gaps of the bumper and will eventually come loose since the pieces will rub where the the bumper and fender come together and that slight movement which will cause it to lift... unlike a wrap.

• Informative
Reactions: Vines

They did a pretty good job over the bumpers, I can't see the blue through it unless I am like 6" away, and then just barely at a few cut points.

Reactions: bnsfengineer