Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compact air compressor for road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ride motorcycles and I always bring a flat kit which includes a CyclePump tire inflator. I bought a new Tesla S recently and I understand the cigarette lighter power port in the center console is 16volts, not 12 volts. I asked the owner of Best Rest, the company that makes the CyclePump if it would work on 16 volts but he was not sure. He did say I could return it if didn’t work or got damaged when using it. I went ahead and purchased a CyclePump along with the air pressure gauge and extension cable for my road trip kit. I received it in the mail recently, hooked it up, and it worked great!
I try to buy American whenever I can, and this pump is made in Idaho with a lifetime warranty. I have one that is 20 years old in my motorcycle flat kit and it still works like new.
Here is a pic of my frunk for winter road trips. I have the K Summit tire chains, the CyclePump air compressor, air gauge, tire plug kit, a few little tire patch screws for temporary use, a li-ion jump starter (for other people), and the portable charge cable.
Anyways, just wanted to throw this out there as an option to the Tesla slime flat kit.

Attachments

• IMG_2267.jpeg
    IMG_2267.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 51