Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Road Side Service and Tire Repair.....great and terrible.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somehow got two flats on my way to work the other day. Tesla didn't include a tire inflator like every other company on earth does, and, as a stupid human, I hadn't gotten around to buying one and putting it in the trunk. So I pulled up the phone app and requested road side assistance.

Response was fast and efficient. Within moments, I had a tow truck scheduled to meet me when I got off work at 4 pm and tow me 30 miles to the nearest Tesla service center which is also close to where I live. It was Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving so service center was closed until Monday(which is now tomorrow).

Estimate was $125 to patch one tire, $530 to replace one tire. So I got the tire inflator out of my sons super dirt cheap ultra economy Kia Rio, which came with one from the factory, as all cars should, aired up one tire, and had to use tire sealant to air up the other.

Drove to Costco and got one flat repaired for $14. As in, patched internally and plugged i.e. optimally repaired. For $14. The other tire, unfortunately, was not repairable due to the length of the slash. Instead of buying one tire for over $500 and leaving the other rear tire at 5/32, I got two Michelin Pilot Sport AS4(one of the best UHP all season tires made) for $560 to go on the back. This way, I can leave the 7/32 front tires in place and probably get another two years out of them. This price included installation, balancing, lifetime rotation, and 5 year road hazard warranty. For about what Tesla would have charged for one tire without those benefits.

Soooo, Tesla road side assistance with FREE tow....superb!

Tire patch and a new tire....absurdly overpriced.