Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connectivity Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On day 1 of picking up my model S refresh, I've had thus message in the app. SA said it will go away when connected to my WiFi. It has not. Has anyone else had this issue?
Screenshot_20220402-085710_Tesla.jpg

Are you using IP version 6 instead of 4? I haven't seen the "6" on the WiFi signal indicator before, but I don't use WiFI V6. :)

Do streaming services and Web Browsing work while parked and connected to WiFi at your house, or wherever this screenshot was taken?

Upvote 0
The SiriusXM hopefully will get working soon, but it doesn't use the WiFi or Cellular connection. If you have a connection to the Internet on the car, the updates probably will correct by itself in a few days. If it has been longer than that, open up a service ticket on your phone. They will likely push an update out to you. I see you live here in Kentucky, so the technician reviewing service requests has been very good, and usually responds in a day with information and a plan or action after looking at the car's logs remotely.

Upvote 0
The SiriusXM hopefully will get working soon, but it doesn't use the WiFi or Cellular connection. If you have a connection to the Internet on the car, the updates probably will correct by itself in a few days. If it has been longer than that, open up a service ticket on your phone. They will likely push an update out to you. I see you live here in Kentucky, so the technician reviewing service requests has been very good, and usually responds in a day with information and a plan or action after looking at the car's logs remotely.
Thanks for the help. Service just got back to me said to try the reset. I've replied back stating I've tried that. Now they will just couple this issue with my already existing appointment unfortunately.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0