Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S 75 2016 year, unable to update software (current one is v9.0) and unable to connect car to an mobile application

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I have Tesla Model S 75, I want to connect my tesla to application but I am not able to do it. Mobile app asks me to change the cars name in controls/software menu, but in my settings there is no software menu. I was able to change the cars name in different place but it didn't help it asks me in app to connect the car with WI-FI or LTE which I am already connected to. Is there a way for me to update the software manually ? If not , is there a way to connect to the app with my old firmware ? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo1708358026 (2).jpeg
    photo1708358026 (2).jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 15
  • photo1708358026 (1).jpeg
    photo1708358026 (1).jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 19
  • photo1708358026.jpeg
    photo1708358026.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 18
Is this a used car you purchased? If so, it looks like the prior owner never updated the software and possibly disconnected the cellular connection to prevent it. It may also be the car was moved from an area like North America to Europe, which has a different cellular system/SIM card/country agreements. I don't think Tesla can/will enable cellular when a car is moved between markets (i.e. Tesla paid for cellular access in the country where it first shipped, but didn't in the country it now resides in).

The current software is 11.1.

Others may have some ideas, but I'd first try talking to a Tesla dealer and see if they can install the latest software. They will also tell you if there is an issue with the cellular support. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Is this a used car you purchased? If so, it looks like the prior owner never updated the software and possibly disconnected the cellular connection to prevent it. It may also be the car was moved from an area like North America to Europe, which has a different cellular system/SIM card/country agreements. I don't think Tesla can/will enable cellular when a car is moved between markets (i.e. Tesla paid for cellular access in the country where it first shipped, but didn't in the country it now resides in).

The current software is 11.1.

Others may have some ideas, but I'd first try talking to a Tesla dealer and see if they can install the latest software. They will also tell you if there is an issue with the cellular support. Good luck!
Yes it is actually outside of US in Armenia, There is no official dealership here. I talked to not official ones and they told they can update it. But they told I wouldn't still be able to connect phone to Model S. Thanks for response.P.S. Still looking for solution

Upvote 0