Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consider a short term loan of your Model X in Melbourne Eastern Burbs for few weeks for suitable $'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit of a cheeky speculative post - but here goes.

Ive been on the model 3 wait list for 3 years. Now that the news has started coming out of a couple of right hand drive VIN Model 3 batches (most likely testing and homologation for Aus / UK / etc) im starting to wonder if my years long fascination with the Model X (the doors - crazy i know but hey & the rest of the package) should steer me towards a used model X instead of going with the Model 3.

I was equally fascinated with the doors on the bonkers renault espace couple - so maybe thats a sign i should stick to the model 3.

I was looking to try to rent a model x for a few weeks to see what living with a car that size is like (we've got a Leaf & a CR-V currently) - and the practicality of those doors in our usual routine. The 2/3 weeks would allow me to either be really sure i want an X and cancel the model 3 , or to see that the X is too big to be practical for us. First option was to grab the X that popped up in Melbourne on evee.com.au - but that appeared and disappeared without a trace quite quickly (not sure of it was testing the water or not enough interest right away) - and my fall back was to nudge the CarBar+ guys (www.carbar.com.au) to think about grabbing a couple of used tesla's for their car subscription service.

So now my ask - is there any Model X owners in the Melbourne Eastern burbs area who would entertain a loan of their Model X for a few weeks in return for payment ? Maybe someone going away for a bit and would rather have their car paying for itself than sitting in a garage or a car that doesn't get used much and you can do without ? As a nearly 50 year old im not looking to hoon it around - and it would be garaged.....

.... no harm in asking ....

Reactions: Tension