Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Canada, why aren’t Mexico reservations being filled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is it's because the new Ontario government has already announced that they are eliminating all of the incentives and rebates on electric vehicles as sadly they don't believe in climate change. So I'm pretty sure that Tesla expedited delivery to Canada before the program is killed which is going to happen at any time now. That's why I ordered mine the moment I got the invite a couple days ago .

My guess is it's because the new Ontario government has already announced that they are eliminating all of the incentives and rebates on electric vehicles as sadly they don't believe in climate change. So I'm pretty sure that Tesla expedited delivery to Canada before the program is killed which is going to happen at any time now. That's why I ordered mine the moment I got the invite a couple days ago .
By that logic, BC should be getting a lot of deliveries as we only have $6.6 million left in our incentives from the Gov't. I sure hope that they do this as I really want that $5000 off.

By that logic, BC should be getting a lot of deliveries as we only have $6.6 million left in our incentives from the Gov't. I sure hope that they do this as I really want that $5000 off.

I feel like $6.6 million is still a lot though, where come Tuesday Doug Ford could just say "program is over effective immediately" but who knows. I made my reservation in April fully expecting it to take a year to get my car, I never imagined I'd be getting it so soon.

I feel like $6.6 million is still a lot though, where come Tuesday Doug Ford could just say "program is over effective immediately" but who knows. I made my reservation in April fully expecting it to take a year to get my car, I never imagined I'd be getting it so soon.

Same here.
I ruled out the possibility of getting the rebate.
Now I’m slightly (only slightly) hopeful.
My personal opinion, on the chances of getting the rebate are about 20%.
Not great, but still worth hoping. :)

Same here.
I ruled out the possibility of getting the rebate.
Now I’m slightly (only slightly) hopeful.
My personal opinion, on the chances of getting the rebate are about 20%.
Not great, but still worth hoping. :)

I didn't even know there was a $14k rebate when I reserved my car lol. Was driving home from a roadtrip to the US and passed a Tesla place so thought why don't I reserve now, that way in a year when it's ready I'll prob be glad I did, or I can just cancel. Then I found out about the $14k rebate so thought that was insane it's so high. Then as soon as Doug won it was like Nooooooooooo!