TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Considering Canada, why aren’t Mexico reservations being filled?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Nuclear Fusion, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Nuclear Fusion

or am I missing something?

2. Koflach

Koflach Member

Because Mexico won't pay for Trumps wall...

• Funny x 5
  3. Tiger

Tiger Member

.. though some of them are good people ..

4. BobbyKings

BobbyKings Silver

Service Centers in Mexico not sufficiently prepared?

5. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

My guess is it's because the new Ontario government has already announced that they are eliminating all of the incentives and rebates on electric vehicles as sadly they don't believe in climate change. So I'm pretty sure that Tesla expedited delivery to Canada before the program is killed which is going to happen at any time now. That's why I ordered mine the moment I got the invite a couple days ago .

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Koflach

Koflach Member

By that logic, BC should be getting a lot of deliveries as we only have $6.6 million left in our incentives from the Gov't. I sure hope that they do this as I really want that $5000 off.

7. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

I feel like $6.6 million is still a lot though, where come Tuesday Doug Ford could just say "program is over effective immediately" but who knows. I made my reservation in April fully expecting it to take a year to get my car, I never imagined I'd be getting it so soon.

8. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

Same here.
    I ruled out the possibility of getting the rebate.
    Now I’m slightly (only slightly) hopeful.
    My personal opinion, on the chances of getting the rebate are about 20%.
    Not great, but still worth hoping. :)

9. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

I didn't even know there was a $14k rebate when I reserved my car lol. Was driving home from a roadtrip to the US and passed a Tesla place so thought why don't I reserve now, that way in a year when it's ready I'll prob be glad I did, or I can just cancel. Then I found out about the $14k rebate so thought that was insane it's so high. Then as soon as Doug won it was like Nooooooooooo!

10. Jaguar

Jaguar Member

Unfortunately, my Performance edition doesn't qualify for the rebate -- it costs too much.