Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console sliding door stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get a solution for this? My 2022 M3 Center Console Sliding door is stuck closed. something in the tray is blocking it. I saw a video of how to remove the entire trim surrounding the center console, but that does not provide access to or release the sliding door. Thoughts?

Thank you for this message. I forgot to respond back with the resolution. I took my car to the TESLA Service Center (Sterling, VA) and explained the situation. "The door is clicking without auto closing." I had removed a pair of flexible reading glasses that may have been preventing the door from opening. But after I emtpied the top tray, my door wouldn't auto close. The Service Center didn't spend much time with it and said it's best to replace the console top. They did so under warranty, no cost. This new one has slower door movement, but not annoying. When I asked if there was a " part upgrade" or some type of recall, they said no. However, the technician did say this issue is not uncommon. Credit cards, business cards and other types of items have been found under the trim of the console. I hope this helps.

I just experienced this in my wife’s 2022 MY LR where I put the charging adapter in an accessory console tray and closed the sliding door. The sliding door wouldn’t open over the adapter. I managed to push the sliding door back a couple of inches which was sufficient to insert a plastic trim removal tool into the gap and push down the adapter in the tray. After a bit of fiddling I managed to slide the door open with no damage. I’ll remember to put the adapter or anything tall in the void below or under the armrest in future!