Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console Wrap Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did mine Carbon wrap this morning, good enough for me, spent almost 3 hours on it, was hard but not terrible, followed the video from EV Wraps, which was very helpful, unfortunately didn't take a picture before I left the car, came back a couple hours later and bubbles everywhere, very frustrated....Anyone know a good way to fix this?
I think the top piece I've managed to squeegee out, the others i've pushed and prodded to no avail.

View attachment 404913
get a small syringe from your local Pharmacy. insert it at the very edge of the bubble. While the needle is in the bubble, lightly wiggle the needle and press the air toward the needle as you pull the needle out.

Reactions: MrABRanch
I did mine Carbon wrap this morning, good enough for me, spent almost 3 hours on it, was hard but not terrible, followed the video from EV Wraps, which was very helpful, unfortunately didn't take a picture before I left the car, came back a couple hours later and bubbles everywhere, very frustrated....Anyone know a good way to fix this?
I think the top piece I've managed to squeegee out, the others i've pushed and prodded to no avail.

View attachment 404913
My guess is that the car was left in the sun for a while? Any air that's trapped during the install will expand and stretch the vinyl when it heats up, that why it's really important to squeegee every part of it, even if it looks like it's lying flat. As suggested, once the vinyl cools down you can try a tiny needle, and then gently squeegee it back down; might need to use a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun, but you need to be careful/gentle to avoid it creasing.

Reactions: MrABRanch
My guess is that the car was left in the sun for a while? Any air that's trapped during the install will expand and stretch the vinyl when it heats up, that why it's really important to squeegee every part of it, even if it looks like it's lying flat. As suggested, once the vinyl cools down you can try a tiny needle, and then gently squeegee it back down; might need to use a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun, but you need to be careful/gentle to avoid it creasing.

Thanks - Yeah that's what I was told by EV Wraps also, and yeah it did heat up in the sun, I thought I had squeegeed it all out though. I'm gonna try the pin trick and gently push them down.

Did mine Brushed Black Metallic, love it. I wanted something with texture. It shines like gloss, without all the negative things about glossy finish such as finger prints, dust, and reflections.

View attachment 343047

Got them from Abstract Ocean. If you are looking to test these out, you could go with Kenriko's wraps on amazon first. He is usually cheaper, and will work just as well.

However with Abstract Ocean, if you mess up on a piece (like I did), they will send you a replacement free of charge. So you do pay more, but you have a bit of a warranty so to speak. I found the cup area to be the easiest, and the phone dock cover to be the hardest. Mainly due to the touchscreen being in the way, and that the cover moves.

4324BADD-E708-4F55-AB97-5794E7C1039E.jpeg

With the brushed metal look, make a decision ahead of time which direction you want the metal look to go. Example from @Gavyne’s post above is applied vertically on the console. Ours was done horizontal by our installer. He felt we should match the grain direction of the dash. And might be an easier matchup on sections as the console parts vary in width or at the cupholders or side edges. To each his own though on preference of direction but still something I think people should be aware of before doing or having the work done. BTW very happy with the brushed metallic look...and no fingerprints is the best.