Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumption monitoring on a yet to be installed system. How do I get it/request it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a Net Metering PV System comprised of 16 400W Q-Cells and a Powerwall Plus.

I've read a lot about system monitoring and specifically about "Consumption Monitoring" or the lack thereof on a lot of different systems. So my question basically comes down to:

= Does the Powerwall Plus equipment and app give this information?
= If not, what additional equipment/parts (CT's) are needed and/or can get the contractor to install at inception?

Im not sure what you mean by consumption monitoring. If you mean overall house consumption, then yes, getting a powerwall (and the associated hardware) gives you monitoring of your loads. Its not individual loads, its the house loads, and whether its the entire house or not depends on your specific electrical setup and weather they can put CTs on the relevant circuits.

If you mean "individual loads" such as monitoring individual circuits (not just "my home is using 3.5kW right now" but my kitchen circuit is using XX right now"), then no, powerwalls do not monitor to that level, and you will need to look into a third party solution for that level of monitoring (like sense, or emporia vue or something like that).

Upvote 0