Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Contact information and introductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tim, Thanks for posting here. Like StephenM said, if there's anything we can do, just let us know. You can pickup email address for many of just looking through this thread.

About that front plate. Yep, several of us are resisting. We tried the grill and Hide-n-show tricks but nothing looks better than bare.

Hi All,
I'm Bill. I have owned a roadster for a few years now. It's presently on the mainland (Oregon) at my other home. I plan on bringing it to Maui. It should be a blast on the Hana Highway!
I've had this property in Hana for just over two years. It's completely off the grid, so it will take some engineering to set up a solar system to charge the Roadster. I'm also hoping to get J1772 set up somewhere in Hana town as a backup and for visitors.
I have a P85D on order, with delivery in mid-March. It will be my primary car at my Oregon home. In time the Roadster will come to Hana.
Update:
Just got back to the mainland and picked up the P85D the next day. What a blast! I'd driven an 85 loaner when the Roadster was in for service a year ago. What a difference the dual drive is!
Bill
[email protected]

Hi All,

Finally got a chance to find my way here, thanks for the warm welcome WeazL! I would never have guess that the Tesla community in the islands is so close and supportive. Anyway, I’m an architect and live in in Hawaii Kai, Nanea Kai. Unfortunately it’s a townhouse and the design probably means I’ll be charging from a regular outlet, forever. Oh well, suppose it’s a small price to pay for the privilege of driving something so quiet, efficient, and most importantly, fun! My wife and I are into all things about cars, fast cars, old cars, car technology/design, motor sports and things. Hey Tom if you still have the NSX would love to meet her one day.

Jayson Chan

It's a grey 60kwh with blk on blk basic interior, and standard options. However it does have the tech package and it's equipped with hardware for autopilot.

A meet up is planned for the 12th, think location is still being discussed elsewhere in the group.

Thanks, Akikiki. That's a collaborative effort--nanimac sent me her logo file and I changed the islands to black so that they're more visible...especially for the small little Hawaii group icon. Mahalo!

On another note, dpodoll, welcome to the Hawaii group forum!

Mahalo,
My name is Garrett and I'm moving to Oahu this summer from Tacoma, WA on a military move. I'm driving a 2013 S85 in dolphin grey. I was just visiting and was not impressed with charging options. My wife wants to live in a condo and I don't have the time or desire to hunt for charging around the mall and irk all those leaf drivers by hogging their chargers. Hoping for a nice house with a garage or car port if I can convince the boss.

Is there only one HPWC at the SC? Any recent developments to install more? Already sent my email to request a supercharger.

my email: [email protected] if any condo dwellers can give me some charging tips. I got over range anxiety a while back and will need to get used to charging anxiety. I'd prefer to not have to leave the car behind or sell it, unless a P or D are in my near future.

if anyone knows of a 2/2/2 modern condo with a fitness room available 1 Aug that will take a 16 lbs dog let me know. My hobbies are investing, scuba, stand up paddle boarding, and running.

There was a rumor that they were trying to work with local malls to install HPWC's in dedicated Tesla stalls--similar to what they do with the super chargers. But, I haven't seen or heard anything more about this rumor since. Good luck with your move--I hope you can make it to our club meets once you get settled in. A few members are in a similar condo situation as you--it's one of the biggest reasons we're pushing Tesla for a supercharger here...even the SC is supporting us in our bid.