Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Contact information and introductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spleen

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Well, now that we have our own private corner of the world, thought I would start off an introduction / contact info thread.

As most in this group knows, I'm a physician. My name is Masaki Takai and I'm a family physician that works in a large multi specialty group. One of my colleagues is part of our group here but I'll let him introduce himself.

We have a Model X reservation and we first got introduced to Tesla when my father purchased a Nissan Leaf and I was intrigued by the technology and wanted to look at other alternatives. Now, I drive the Leaf that my father purchased and my mother drives the Model S, lol. We are eagerly waiting for the Model X to arrive so we can replace my wife's Honda Ridgeline.

We live in Hawaii Kai and my cell number is 398-7455. We have 2 x 14-50 outlets outside the house and if any of you need an emergency charge and have your UMC with you, you are more than welcome to drop by to use one of the outlets.

Very good idea. I like this. This will be very useful.
I am Steve Barnes.
Cell: 220-2249
Email: [email protected]
I live in Kaneohe, across from Temple Valley. I have a 14-50 outlet in my garage. If you find yourself in need of juice to get home, call, text or email me.

I was a Federal worker. I worked for the Army at Fort Shafter and retired in Dec '13.
I sold my White 60 to a friend, and have taken delivery on an "Arrest-me" RED P85. I drove an ICE until 9/20 when "Tessie Too" arrived. Going back to an ICE made my stomach feel bad. But now that Red it here, I am so fine again.

Hi Everyone, I'm Matthew Martin and I live in Ahuimanu (essentially, Temple Valley). You can call me Matt or Matthew--I am well trained and will respond to either.

I will have a 14-50 installed in the next two weeks prior to the arrival of my S. Likewise, if you're short on juice, feel free to call. My S is due to be available for pickup on Sept. 26th and I think I'm addicted! My wife says I am...but, there are worse things to be addicted to. heh heh

Formerly (well, always) a teacher, I am the Managing Director for a transportation company that specializes in corporate, executive and celebrity chauffeured ground transportation on Oahu. We function as the Honolulu affiliate for many of the largest ground transportation companies in the nation. While I am purchasing my S (not the company I work for), given my position, I will be offering my S as a vehicle to our clients when they request an eco-friendly vehicle...of course, I would be the driver in that case. :cool:

My S will be an upgrade from our Civic Hybrid. Actually, we will be keeping the hybrid for now until my kids can keep the inside of a car clean. :scared:

As far as hobbies go, I am an avid meteorite collector and dealer. I also dabble in natural fossils and minerals.

My contact info:

Cell: 679-7038
Email:[email protected]

I posted this in another thread, but will include it here so all of my info is in one place:

My S specs:

P#20,754: 85kWh Black w/Pano, 21" Silver // Int: Black Leather, Matte Obeche // Pkgs: Tech, UHF Sound, Air Suspension, Interior Lighting, Parking Sensors, Parcel Shelf
Confirmed 8/20/13 - Expected ship date ~9/15/13, Expected delivery 9/26/13

Aloha Everyone,

I completely forgot about this site and just stumbled across it again this morning. In reading your postings my first thoughts about posting here are what can I say that I haven't already shared in other postings. At the risk of repeating myself and pointing out the obvious:

My name is Jeff Hood. I live at 75-104 Nakukui Place, Kailua-Kona. My phone number is 315-7482. I'm old school, so all of that is listed in the phone book. I'll give you the gate code when you get here. I retired about 3 years ago from 30 years of working 6 months a year at sea on cargo ships. Two weeks later, I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. Now I am the State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Harbors Division, Hawaii District Manager. Also known as the Harbor Master of the deep draft harbors in Hilo and Kawaihae. Not to be confused with the small boat harbors which are managed by DLNR.

I have a 14-50 plug powered by 22 PV panels that of course you are more than welcome to use. I know, it's a stretch for me to think you would bring your car over here, but Henk Rogers does it all the time. Wide open stretches of road with lots of scenic vistas...

I've been a gadget geek for as long as I can remember and yet I can barely change a light bulb. One of my favorite gadgets (after Tessie, of course) is my Husquevarna robotic lawnmower that's nearly silently mowing our 1/4 acre lawn as I'm writing this. Even if he's not scheduled to work the day you are here, I'd be happy to turn him to if you'd like to see him work. When I first got him 10 years ago some of my neighbors would bring cold drinks over just so they could sit on our lanai and watch him go.

I don't have any hobbies that I'm really into and that's probably one of the main reasons I'm going to keep working for a long long time. I know myself too well to believe I would make good use of retirement time anytime in the near future. I was on vacation 6 months a year for 30 years and other than travel, I never managed to make it what I thought was productive/meaningful.

OK, so there you have it. I hope I didn't bore you with my bio. Oh, yea and my email address is [email protected].

Respectfully,

Jeff

I need to make it a habit of checking for group posts...forgot about it

Here's my quick bio and contact info..

I'm Nanette Vinton and live in Mililani Mauka. If you need a charge in my neck of the woods or are on your way up to north shore, feel free to call me. I've got a 14-50 in my garage you're welcome to use if I'm home.

cell - 561-6267
[email protected]

I work for Colliers International as a Real Estate Analyst/Research Consultant. I co-head the Research & Consulting Division My co-workers sometimes call me the nerd of commercial real estate since I love analyzing numbers and creating financial models..lol
I offset the number crunching by heading the Social Committee in our office. I love planning fun events for our employees..probably why I didn't mind planning the meet-up!

My hobbies include being a member of the Tesla cult and having fun:biggrin:

Mod Note: on the main "Hawaii group" screen look at the grey task bar at the top of the page. On the right you'll see a drop down menu and you can subscribe to the group and choose how you want to receive notifications when new posts or discussions appear. I'll put a post on the main forum also.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29741&d=1378151310.jpg

Howzit, all!

My name is Robin, and I've had my (white, hardtop, 60KWH) S for about 2 months now. It's a great car. I'm really impressed that it's had as few issues as it has, considering it's the first full scale production car out of Tesla. I think it's perfect for Oahu, but I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here.

I live in Maunawili, on the mauka side of Kailua, and commute daily to Manoa where I work as an engineer at the Institute for Astronomy, part of UH.

My home phone is 261-7456. My email is [email protected]. Give me a call if you're in the area and need an emergency charge.

I started an Oahu EV Group on Techhui.com, as I couldn't find an existing one using Google. This isn't limited to Tesla owners, though, so you might find more generic info there, once it gets going. It's brand new now, though.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Laurie Lee. I can be contacted at [email protected] or my cell at 371-3543. I live on the slopes of Punchbowl, at the top of Ward Avenue. I have a 14-50 outlet in my garage so if anyone is in need, give me a holler. Just be advised that my dog will come bolting out of the doggie door, demand attention from you and lick your face silly if you let her. If you bring a doggie treat, she will be your best friend. Guard dog she is not.

I am the Principal Broker for Pacific Island Realty and head up the sales and marketing for a residential developer, Stanford Carr Development. I believe Jeff Hood lives in one of our communities in Kailua-Kona. Yea Jeff!
If there were more hours in a day, I'd probably have some hobbies. Gave up golf so I could take the dog hiking and spend time with doggie friends. I love skiing, but I wouldn't call something that I do only several times a year a hobby.

Seems like an interesting bunch of people in our group! Glad to meet all of you.

I too am new to the forum. My name is Jim Hallstrom. A lifetime Honolulu resident, we have been in Kailua for the last 30 years. My email is [email protected].

I have a P85+ coming in February. Like possibly many of you, I am having serious confusion over a final color selection which has already been changed once with Tesla from Grey to Green, but I am still considering the Brown. Does anyone know where I can see a Brown Model S in the flesh locally? I have scoured the internet but need to see the real thing.

Look forward to meeting you all. I REALLY appreciate all of the useful local tips and advice.

Mahalo.

Hi Jim

Welcome to the club and congrats on your P85+ purchase!!! I've seen the brown and have to say that it looks awesome in person--better than I anticipated. I'd prefer to call it bronze, myself, as I think it appears more so. I don't know anyone with the brown , however I saw one when I went to the service center a while back. You might consider visiting the SC in Waikele to see trim options and colors of whatever vehicles they have in the shop that day. There's usually several vehicles around. I went there to see the options in person before finalizing my order and I'm happy I did as it changed my decision on a few things. If you give them a call you could ask if they have any upcoming appointments for a brown MS and if so, plan to drop in that day.

Aloha,

Matt
a.k.a. WeazL

Welcome Jim! I think there are a couple brown ones here but don't know the owners. I think the green is a really nice color too. The MS is such a beautiful car that I don't think you can go wrong with any color choice! Looking forward to meeting you at our next meet up!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I poured over the posts and found that HIBIMMER, one of our local forum members, has a Brown. I sent him a PM and he immediately responded; we arranged a meeting tomorrow at his office tomorrow to see the car -- very kind and gracious of him. My wife happens to be on the mainland in LA, and fortuitously discovered a Brown in the showroom of the Brea mall Tesla store earlier today. She now has only compliments and praise -- so I am more than half way there. If it goes like I think, I will change the order tomorrow afternoon and we will be set without looking back. Previously, I had been keeping tabs on what colors were being serviced in the Waipahu SC. but there was no Brown around. I must say that everyone there and on the Hawaii Owners forum has been super cooperative and supportive. Mahalo. My delivery is in February when my BMW lease is up. I am like a kid on Christmas morning. It is not like I have never had a new car; I have been leasing for many years with a new model every three years. But this is more than a car it is future car.

I changed the color last Friday to Brown with a tan interior and obeche gloss. Jeff Minn at Tesla said "he would forward the request, no guarantees." I was surprised because it is a February delivery and i thought i still had time. Today, My Dashboard was changed to reflect the brown so all is good. Now it is just waiting game.

My name is Timothy Kim. Everyone calls me Tim Kim. I'm an internist at Kaiser Permanente at the Mapunapuna clinic. I live on Waialae Nui Ridgeline, above Kahala Mall. My commute up the hill every day costs me about 10 miles of rated range but going down the hill, I gain back about 3-4 miles of range.

My cell number is 392-8546. My email is [email protected]. I do have a 14-50 installed in my garage but I am not sure anyone wants to drive up the hill to charge unless you are going to a party at our Waialae Ridgeline Association Rec Center.

As many of you know, I drove a 2010 Prius and got my MS so that my daughter will have a car to drive when she gets her license (she turns 15-1/2 in 3 days).:scared: