Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cooled ventilated seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
read somewhere that there was a user manual for the MY that described a feature to "cool" the seat in the climate controls. does anybody's MYLR have this? or was where I read this supposed feature from just mistaken it for one of the other models that does have this function?

thanks!

one basic thing that every car should have it,
or
I should say every TESLA should have it.
The roof made with all glass, and its pretty heated during the day, and this is my first summer with tesla.
I guess my bum would be red all summer every summer.
Not if you have white seats. This is exactly why we bailed on black interiors many years ago. I held my nose when I bought Teslas with tan interior because it wasn't first first choice but far more functional. Once they came out with Ultra White interior though I was sold. Our last two Teslas have white interior and I don't see us going with anything other than that going forward. IMO it's the best combination of looks and function. I feel for those with black interiors in the summer time... speaking from experience.

• Love
Reactions: AtomMoose
Not sure about others, but my back can get pretty warm against the seat even on a cloudy day. Even though ours is garaged, I start to notice it after 20-30 minutes of driving. Happens in other cars, not just Tesla. Happens regardless of seat color. Perforated seating surfaces help some, vented seats are ideal of course.
I have similar experience.
it feels good to drive in winter, but summer experience is horrible.

Reactions: sfRonH
When the sun is shining on both the roof and the windshield equally, hold the back of your hand up to the roof glass. Then hold the back of your hand up to the windshield. I believe you'll find that there is far more heat coming through the windshield than the roof. At least i did. The roof is already treated, but the windshield is not.

I solved much of this issue (but not all, of course, because it's a Tesla) by simply adding a heat rejecting "tint" to the windshield. I didn't darken it much, using 80%, but used a ceramic 3M tint with high heat rejection.

This helped a lot. The only issue was finding a shop willing to tint the windshield .

My preference is white with a tan interior and it sucks that tan wasn't offered on the Y

I agree the white interior looks good, but I figured mine would be a dingy grey in about a month, so I Opted for the black. Not really had a problem with "hot" seats - not even in this ridiculous Texas Summer, though I'm under a carport at home and on the occasions I do go into the office it's underground parking (yay!)

Having said that I used to laugh at people waffling on about the heated steering wheel and bemoaning the fact they they'd bought one week before it was available - then I tried it . . .

My preference is white with a tan interior and it sucks that tan wasn't offered on the Y

I agree the white interior looks good, but I figured mine would be a dingy grey in about a month, so I Opted for the black. Not really had a problem with "hot" seats - not even in this ridiculous Texas Summer, though I'm under a carport at home and on the occasions I do go into the office it's underground parking (yay!)

Having said that I used to laugh at people waffling on about the heated steering wheel and bemoaning the fact they they'd bought one week before it was available - then I tried it . . .
Your solution is the white interior. It doesn't turn gray speaking from experience with multiple Tesla's with white interior now. One of which has 80,000 mi or so and still looks as good or better than every other Tesla that I've owned w/tan or black interior with similar miles.

In fact, and most surprisingly, the black tends to look the worst once you get higher miles on it.

There's a common urban legend that the white interior isn't good if you have kids or pets and I can tell you that everybody that I know that has had white interiors has had one or both and their interiors still look really really good.

Reactions: EVer Hopeful
A few of the websites has covers coming out of china, white or black. Ebay has them for cheaper. Black Ventilated Front Seat Cushion Pad Half Surround For Tesla Model 3/Y 22-23 | eBay

I bet next year more US sellers will have them. Youtube reviews had them fitting pretty well and working well too. I would install for summer and remove in the fall. They look decent and it plugs in the cigarette lighter so install is easy. Might be able to find cheaper or faster shipping on one of the chinese websites. US tesla sites are asking double the price.