Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats Highland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks.

How is your ventilated seats on the M3H? I can barely feel air coming from my seats and almost exclusive on my back (not much at all on my butt or legs).
I have played with the A7C settings and even if I set it to HIGH it does not decrease the air flow from the seats and same with the seat setting, even at 3 bacon strips on cool it does not feel like it blows harder.

Is that normal behaviour, or is something wrong here?

I can't speak for the M3H, but I've had many cars with ventilated seats and I can tell you it's not designed to be dramatic. The intent is to draw in some of the cooled cabin air to remove some of the heat from the seat surfaces, and in the process provide a cooling sensation to your back and bottom. Do not expect to feel a blast of air like you get from the dashboard vents. You probably won't even feel air movement at the seat surface.

But if you're concerned, you can always contact Service.

Tesla uses ventilated seats, not cooled seats.

My current vehicle has cooled seats which actually has a dedicated duct to the seat to provide cold air from the A/C. Tesla's ventilated seats just bring in the ambient air to cool down the seats.

Yea, most ventilated seats are garbage and useless imho when you can just hit your app to cool the car down before you get in, I had one car that had decent cooled seats, I think It was the wife's infinity, the rest have been pretty mediocre.

Tesla's official party line is that because the fans are configured for suction, there's no need to cool the air. I'm not 100% sure I follow the logic (either way it's the ambient air that's flowing), but that's what they say.

1713216529551.png

But yeah, I almost never use them in the S.

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam
Tesla's official party line is that because the fans are configured for suction, there's no need to cool the air. I'm not 100% sure I follow the logic (either way it's the ambient air that's flowing), but that's what they say.

View attachment 1038792

But yeah, I almost never use them in the S.
It's because the air in your car is air conditioned air. If this is really how they work, I wonder what other company uses this method to cool the seats.

It's because the air in your car is air conditioned air. If this is really how they work, I wonder what other company uses this method to cool the seats.
Ford uses the HVAC to cool the seats. The advantage to this is not having to wait for the car to cool down before cold air can be provided to the seats. This also work well when you're driving with the windows down as it doesn't matter what the interior temperature is.

Ford uses the HVAC to cool the seats. The advantage to this is not having to wait for the car to cool down before cold air can be provided to the seats.
Living in Florida, I can say the F150 seats blows cold air through the seats you can really feel the cooler temperature. Awesome. Wish Tesla adopted this. They have cold air vents in the center console they could easily have pulled from. Wonder if this is something could be retrofitted from the aftermarket. Reverse the fan polarity and duct in cold air. Hmmmm....