Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cordless vacuum recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Years ago I had one of those cordless battery operated /rechargeable Black & Decker portable vacs. Sure they’ve improved from back then but I hated it and felt it was under powered. So a few months back with my new car decided to look for a cheap 12v car vac and took a chance on this one. It is corded (9ft), 60watts. Found it at a Ross Store in their auto section for only $6.99 (saw on Ebay for $26 and think it was sold under different names). Figured I could return within the 30 day return period if it was useless. Actually works great for sucking up dust and crumbs and for debris from shoes being on the mats. The 12v source to power is in your center console flip up arm rest area so you can access the front or back seats of the car easily. We take our car for waterless car washes and occasionally get the interior cleaned as well; however I wanted something to keep in my trunk so its always with me and ready to use to do quick cleanups of the seats, dash and mats. No worry about having batteries inside a hot car with this either.

Something like this might be something worth considering if you can live with the cord. The part where it detaches to clean the debris out away from the motor area could have had a better hinged design but once you know how it works, it's fine otherwise a bit tricky.

E4C78F9B-981B-40D5-A5D8-1EAAA7321E95.jpeg 3A614AB2-3CA1-4109-92B2-BE4E769C568E.jpeg

Last edited: