Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Deposit Refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you call your credit card company and have them get your money back for you from Tesla?

I seriously doubt this step would be needed. Please talk to Tesla before you contact your credit card company and contacting your credit card company should be an absolute last resort after all other options have failed.

If they don't deliver a car to you in reasonable condition or reasonable time frame, as many have said, just reject delivery and request your deposit back so you can look at another car. I don't think we've ever heard of a single instance where if a customer demanded their deposit back, they did not honor that request.

Last week I went to pick up my car, and the interior leather was a mess. Nothing like the pictures. I let them know I don’t want it and they said no worries we’ll transfer it to your next one. Next one I’m picking up is tomorrow, hoping don’t have a similar situation or I’ll probably just ask for a refund and look elsewhere

Last week I went to pick up my car, and the interior leather was a mess. Nothing like the pictures. I let them know I don’t want it and they said no worries we’ll transfer it to your next one. Next one I’m picking up is tomorrow, hoping don’t have a similar situation or I’ll probably just ask for a refund and look elsewhere

How did it go? How was the second car?

How did it go? How was the second car?

It went a lot better. There was dents and paint chipped and some other small issues but they said they’ll take care of it all after my first experience so can’t complain. Took a month to see a body shop that I’ll take next week to fix all the issues. Love the car, looks like new

It's bad enough buying a new Tesla with paint chips, misaligned panels etc...... But used? And with terrible communication problems? I'm interested in a used 90D but here in NY the local pick'ins are slim. I really don't want to buy unseen. Best bet may just to stay with my 75D

It's bad enough buying a new Tesla with paint chips, misaligned panels etc...... But used? And with terrible communication problems? I'm interested in a used 90D but here in NY the local pick'ins are slim. I really don't want to buy unseen. Best bet may just to stay with my 75D
Or you could just buy something without paint chips, misaligned panels or communication problems