Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO ordering decisions need input P85+ vs 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im about to purchase a CPO Tesla S this week. I’m looking at a 2013 P85+ with 60,000 miles or a 2016 75 with 23,000 with new Body style. Roughly the same price. I would love the sportines of a P+ car but it’s seems it’s aging. Are the new cars that much better? Is 60000 miles getting high on an Tesla? Would love any thought or input.

I drive my P85+ year round, with snow tires it's unnoticeable as an RWD, the central weight distribution makes it simply stuck. On 21 summer tires it doesn't move at all in a light snow, or if it does it slides sideways instead of forward. Tires are that important.

Do you want autosteer? Does handling mean that much to you? If the answer to one or the other is important, get the appropriate car. If you want both, get an early P85D with the P+ suspension and AP.

Get the 75. It has at least AP1, maybe AP2. Plus 40,000 more miles on the warranty.
I agree, plus it is a significantly later build, so it will likely be more reliable in the long run. Also, I hope to live long enough to run my '16 S 75 to at least 250,000 miles, with the thought that it could probably go three times that long or longer. No transmission, timing chain, water pump, cylinders, etc., etc., etc. to break down.

+1 on what everyone else is saying about AP.

I just purchased a P85D two weeks ago before v9 was announced and the only regret/buyer's remorse I have is that it doesn't have AP2+ for autosteering. While AP2 will be insanely cool with v9 GA, the more I think about it, it's not as big of a deal for me as I really tend to only find myself using AP on the interstate (which AP1 does pretty well) and genuinely enjoy driving the vehicle (pedal to the metal in the P vehicles is literally insane).