Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crackling in Rear Speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i had a weird experience and thought I would share. I used my phone upon entering my Model 3 and suddenly The phone microphone did not work and I started getting a crackling in both rear speakers. I thought this may be the software glitch I found when I searched, so I did a soft reset (did not resolve) and a hard reset (did not resolve). What was so weird was that this crackling was happening for all sounds, including turning signals.

I made an appointment with the service center when nothing seemed to make it go away.

I went to the grocery store today and it was still crackling. But when I got back in the car to return him, it was gone. The only thing I can think of is that I left the address book on my phone up and it lost the Bluetooth connection. When I reconnected, no problem in any speaker.

I’m quite happy the problem resolved itself and am pleased that it was merely a software issue, but I’m posting this in case someone else confronts the same problem.

I had precisely the exact same thing happen to me. It sounded like the rear speakers were cutting in and out, even when making turn signal sounds. Soft and hard resets did nothing. Letting the car sit overnight did nothing. A few days later, the problem disappeared. I did not perform a software update. Weird!

Reactions: jrh007
I had precisely the exact same thing happen to me. It sounded like the rear speakers were cutting in and out, even when making turn signal sounds. Soft and hard resets did nothing. Letting the car sit overnight did nothing. A few days later, the problem disappeared. I did not perform a software update. Weird!

This gives me hope that my problem (crackling in rear speakers as well) will eventually correct itself.
Thanks for the posts!

Reactions: jrh007