Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For people that used Towers FCU. Did you make the donation for membership and create and account first or directly apply for the loan first and get approval before making the donation?
I recently applied w/o having to create an account and do the donation for membership. It seems that they're backed up - said it would take 4-5 business days to hear back.

Just wanted to post my experience if it helps anyone. I got the loan approved from Fedchoice at 3.74% for 72 months. I'm in PA, so AdelFi is not an option for me and this is the next lowest rate I could find.

I applied for the loan from the FedChoice website the day I got the VIN number assigned on 11/21.

11/21
Applied the day I got the VIN and Got an instant Auto-Approval the same day with a request for MVPA and Paystubs
Messaged Tesla 510 number for MVPA. It was available in my Tesla account within 30 mins
Submitted MVPA and Paystubs to FedChoice

11/23
Got a message from Loan processor with a final approval for the loan
Asked for a check to be mailed to me instead of wire and the loan processor Acknowledged it
Got Docusign email and completed around 4:30PM

11/25
Got an email that loan was Funded. this was done by Wire even though I requested a check. and the Wire shows up in the Tesla App as well.

Delivery scheduled for 12/6. so Tesla has the money for 1.5 weeks while the car is still in Transit.

• Informative
Reactions: c00sebookpro
I am sorry why was Adelfi not a choice?
I went and applied thur FedChoice, it took them nearly 9 business days to get to me. I called and used the secure text, but was not getting any responses.
I went to Adelfi, took them 5 days to fund my loan, I did call them once to see where we were on the application and to see if they can expedite (which they did since my delivery date was a couple days).
I am also in PA. I got the 3.25% for 60 months.

I am sorry why was Adelfi not a choice?
I went and applied thur FedChoice, it took them nearly 9 business days to get to me. I called and used the secure text, but was not getting any responses.
I went to Adelfi, took them 5 days to fund my loan, I did call them once to see where we were on the application and to see if they can expedite (which they did since my delivery date was a couple days).
I am also in PA. I got the 3.25% for 60 months.
I had read earlier in this thread that they do not operate in PA and someone was declined based on that and apparently that was confirmed on the phone as well. I did not want a hard pull on my credit report, so I did not even bother applying

Reactions: Senpai
Dumb question
If i apply for auto loan are we going to apply for full amount or we should apply for the only the amount which we request for loan.
Ex-
Car price - 130000$
Down Payment : 30000$(Will do at Delivery Day)
Loan Amount; 100000$

So we apply for Loan Amount; 100000$ right?

Dumb question
If i apply for auto loan are we going to apply for full amount or we should apply for the only the amount which we request for loan.
Ex-
Car price - 130000$
Down Payment : 30000$(Will do at Delivery Day)
Loan Amount; 100000$

So we apply for Loan Amount; 100000$ right?
I added enough to cover tax and licensing fees for the bank to finance.

Just wanted to post my experience if it helps anyone. I got the loan approved from Fedchoice at 3.74% for 72 months. I'm in PA, so AdelFi is not an option for me and this is the next lowest rate I could find.

I applied for the loan from the FedChoice website the day I got the VIN number assigned on 11/21.

11/21
Applied the day I got the VIN and Got an instant Auto-Approval the same day with a request for MVPA and Paystubs
Messaged Tesla 510 number for MVPA. It was available in my Tesla account within 30 mins
Submitted MVPA and Paystubs to FedChoice

11/23
Got a message from Loan processor with a final approval for the loan
Asked for a check to be mailed to me instead of wire and the loan processor Acknowledged it
Got Docusign email and completed around 4:30PM

11/25
Got an email that loan was Funded. this was done by Wire even though I requested a check. and the Wire shows up in the Tesla App as well.

Delivery scheduled for 12/6. so Tesla has the money for 1.5 weeks while the car is still in Transit.
What is the difference between wire and check? Would wire transfer go to tesla, and check go to your account? Can they wire to my bank account, and I issue a cashier's check to tesla if I accept the car?

There seems to be consensus on this forum that Towers, Adelfi, and FedChoice are the best options.

I see one person on here got a good quote from Tesla. Is the general consensus that Tesla does not offer competitive rates? Should I even bother submitting an application for a Tesla loan, or should I just go straight to Towers/Adelfi/FedChoice?

I'd really like to get 3.x%.

There seems to be consensus on this forum that Towers, Adelfi, and FedChoice are the best options.

I see one person on here got a good quote from Tesla. Is the general consensus that Tesla does not offer competitive rates? Should I even bother submitting an application for a Tesla loan, or should I just go straight to Towers/Adelfi/FedChoice?

I would go straight to Adelfi. Keep in mind they are bad at communicating so it sometimes takes a little longer to get it all done, but I did get 3.25

Reactions: singlestack

If you want 3.34% give labor federal credit union a try.

I got a text a couple of days ago saying I should get a VIN in the next 1 - 2 weeks. Applied with FedChoice, but they want me to submit "Copy of signed Purchase Order from dealership." Where can I get that?
In the app under “view agreements”, but I’m pretty sure you’ll need the VIN before the bank will accept it (if it’s even available from Tesla without a VIN).

I got a text a couple of days ago saying I should get a VIN in the next 1 - 2 weeks. Applied with FedChoice, but they want me to submit "Copy of signed Purchase Order from dealership." Where can I get that?
I went to app and hit the “manage” link on the top left where your order number is. It will direct you to your Tesla webpage. Scroll down half way and you will see

Documents​

Order Agreement
Lemon Law Disclosure
Delivery Configuration
Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement

There should be “view” links next to each documents.

I went to app and hit the “manage” link on the top left where your order number is. It will direct you to your Tesla webpage. Scroll down half way and you will see

Documents​

Order Agreement
Lemon Law Disclosure
Delivery Configuration
Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement

There should be “view” links next to each documents.
I have a vin as of 12/1 and went to order agreement which has my reservation number but no vin.