Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that. Anyway, why bother adding your wife as beneficiary for a $5 membership account? Simplify things with you as sole owner. Also, most of us on this thread know to send them lots of ID. DL front and back, passport, bunch of utility bills and some even SS card.
Dunno. We have also placed everything in both our names. I thought I was being proactive and uploaded both DL front and back, SS cards, and Passports. Typical that they always want more.

Dunno. We have also placed everything in both our names. I thought I was being proactive and uploaded both DL front and back, SS cards, and Passports. Typical that they always want more.

Tower is just slow!! I applied on 1/17 and membership finally got approved on 2/1 but nothing since then. I spent a week trying to figure out the beneficiary problem. I had to take delivery of my Tesla on 2/4 with Tesla/wells
Fargo financing..this week haven’t heard anything from tower! Called them 3 times and they keep on saying “talk to your loan processor” whose mailbox is full or he is on vacation..no clue! I am going to wait until Tuesday and give up on tower
And go with Adelfi. Tower is a horrible credit union

Tower is just slow!! I applied on 1/17 and membership finally got approved on 2/1 but nothing since then. I spent a week trying to figure out the beneficiary problem. I had to take delivery of my Tesla on 2/4 with Tesla/wells
Fargo financing..this week haven’t heard anything from tower! Called them 3 times and they keep on saying “talk to your loan processor” whose mailbox is full or he is on vacation..no clue! I am going to wait until Tuesday and give up on tower
And go with Adelfi. Tower is a horrible credit union
Don't waste your time now. Tower increased their rates by about 2 full percentage points.

Tower is gonna make me pull my hair out.
1/26- Applied for loan and membership
1/31- Pre-approved for auto loan, membership stayed pending
2/8- Got notice "The address for your beneficiary was not provided. Please provide the address for your beneficiary so they can be added to your account application." Provided address of my spouse 5 minutes after notice.
2/9- Called to get status to see if anything else is needed of me. After over an hour on the phone was told that they need the test deposit amounts they sent to my bank to fund the account. I told them I never received noticed of this and after checking my account, see no test deposits. Was told to try calling the next day as the department that handles this is out for the day.
2/10- After another over an hour wait, spoke to someone that looked at my account and said they will process my info and to lookout for a message on portal in 5 minutes. Received a message stating they need a copy of a utility bill or equal to show address is current.
Unbelievable. If they knew that was gonna be needed why not say that on the first notification of address!

No VIN yet. EDD 2/12-2/26
Have a blank check from my credit union in hand as backup in case the whole things goes to *sugar*.
Tower was just delaying your application as they increase rates now Loan Rates - Tower Federal Credit Union

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyclone
Phew, finally got my loan refinanced. Started the process on 1/27 and eSigned the documents this morning. Saved about $3000 in interest compared to the 5.34% that Tesla loan offered. I wish everyone good luck on getting everything financed.

I'm in Texas and for Title/Registration I just scanned the 30-day temporary permit that Tesla left in the glovebox. All the other documents are under your account on Tesla.com when accessed on a desktop browser.

Reactions: Abraham
I have applied with Tower FCU, got membership and loan approved but the loan approval is expiring in a week, no VIN has been assigned yet! I am thinking to ask them to extend the approval, not sure if they will honor or not!

Has anybody tried Gold Coast FCU yet? Their rates are in a range, not sure what rate do we really end up getting at the end! Thinking of going with them if Tower FCU doesn't honor the extension.
did you try this yet?? I am on the same boat, my preapproval is expiring next week and no vin yet.

Reactions: rrr_land
Phew, finally got my loan refinanced. Started the process on 1/27 and eSigned the documents this morning. Saved about $3000 in interest compared to the 5.34% that Tesla loan offered. I wish everyone good luck on getting everything financed.

I'm in Texas and for Title/Registration I just scanned the 30-day temporary permit that Tesla left in the glovebox. All the other documents are under your account on Tesla.com when accessed on a desktop browser.
I refinanced with Tower from Tesla finance where I was at 5.34%.
My loan started at Tower and Tower sent check to Tesla and I am still seeing payment not posted in Tesla (still showing balance at Tesla). For sure Tesla must have received check last week from Tower.
Tesla finance did mentioned that they accept wire transfer only and Tower send check only
My payoff with Tesla is good through Feb 16th and I hope they accept check and post zero balance and release the title to Tower

The thing is, there is no one to talk at Tesla.. Unknown SA from unknown number (510 area code), some 855 number option 1 (tesla finance) always voicemail full... probably i need to tweet to Elon itself to get some useful information...

Reactions: DreamBird
I refinanced with Tower from Tesla finance where I was at 5.34%.
My loan started at Tower and Tower sent check to Tesla and I am still seeing payment not posted in Tesla (still showing balance at Tesla). For sure Tesla must have received check last week from Tower.
Tesla finance did mentioned that they accept wire transfer only and Tower send check only
My payoff with Tesla is good through Feb 16th and I hope they accept check and post zero balance and release the title to Tower

The thing is, there is no one to talk at Tesla.. Unknown SA from unknown number (510 area code), some 855 number option 1 (tesla finance) always voicemail full... probably i need to tweet to Elon itself to get some useful information...
I initially financed with Tesla but my loan is from Wells Fargo Auto. Maybe you can check your loan agreement to see if it's with some other bank.